Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select, Deep Crystal Blue Mica
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when finishing last track of album folder, play is started in another bands folder. Seems to happen no matter which album is playing, thing is it always starts the same folder playing. Currently - Bands / Albums / Tracks......realizing the folder depth limit discussed here Instructions on how to setup Mazda Connect for USB and Bluetooth audio. ...might I have to move all the album folders up a level? Any of you tried this?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
I have noticed when finishing last track of album folder, play is started in another bands folder. Seems to happen no matter which album is playing, thing is it always starts the same folder playing. Currently - Bands / Albums / Tracks......realizing the folder depth limit discussed here Instructions on how to setup Mazda Connect for USB and Bluetooth audio. ...might I have to move all the album folders up a level? Any of you tried this?
I've not tried it myself, but like you my USB stick has Artists at the top level, then Albums and then Tracks. No more than three levels. Unfortunately I've not been on long enough drives to see what happens at the end of an album, but I do recall that the music carries on where it left off on subsequent journeys.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select, Deep Crystal Blue Mica
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not tried it myself, but like you my USB stick has Artists at the top level, then Albums and then Tracks. No more than three levels. Unfortunately I've not been on long enough drives to see what happens at the end of an album, but I do recall that the music carries on where it left off on subsequent journeys.
Agreed on the quick resume, on my 14 camry I had to run an executable program on the drive (mp3dirSorter) otherwise folders would be out of order, tracks within were ok if I remember correctly. My folder/album names begin with the date of release, tracks numbered with a leading zero, so windows displays them correctly. On the random jump, play starts in the same different band folder, but a random album. I know nothing about playlists, perhaps there is a way to create one for the whole drive? Experiments continue......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts