Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just a quick question.
Is it ok to leave a carlinkit device plugged into the USB port all the time that’s under the arm rest console?

i think I read somewhere that it never turns off … is that true?

should I use the USB that’s under the climate controls instead. Id rather keep the device tucked away and hidden obviously ..

Thanks !

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I leave it as is, without unplugging. No issues with battery drainage.
Awesome.
I am loving it so far. I can’t tell if the audio sounds as good unwired though.
I think it loses a little of the richness. Overall it’s a great product and it connects in just a few seconds for me. I have no lag really.
One strange thing when I first connected it showed as a “Volkswagen” wonder if it was a refurbished carlinkit unit ?
it was wrapped and appears brand new.strange indeed.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
109 Posts
It showed as a VW for me as well. I had to unplug and plug it back for it to pick Mazda. I do have a 2-3 sec lag in Podcast controls. Mazda controls are much quicker.
I'd have to test on the sound fidelity. I did think about it at one point but haven't gotten to testing. My sound system sucks from factory so any additional suckiness is not welcome.
I'm still evaluating the unit. We are just not driving enough now days for a proper testing.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
119 Posts
Like i mentioned in many posts CX30 is different in Thailand than you guys. But I have normal USB (for computers) plugged in. It has 3 other USB ports so 3 people can charge their phones. When I get into the car I can see it still ahs blue color on it which means it can be used. So mine is not off.

But for your question: I read in many places and also seller suggested that there is no harm if you leave anything plugged to USB ports BUT just don't leave anything still using the USBs because they will drain your battery.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
164 Posts
I recently bought the Carlinkit 3.0 U2W wireless CarPlay adapter and mounted (thin Velcro) under the climate control area, next to the USB port. I think it’s rather inconspicuous and one would have to look carefully and know what the area looked like normally to notice it. The photo below was taken in full sunlight and my phone quite close so in real life it’s much less noticeable. The Velcro isn’t visible when sitting in the car seats, but I may use some thin double sided foam tape once I’m sure about the location. I added a Magsafe wireless in the armrest tray (accessory) and I’m very happy with both.

Gear shift Vehicle Car Steering wheel Gauge

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
164 Posts
I’m very pleased with it. I now have a 2022 CX-30 so I have the Carlinkit inside the center armrest storage since both USB ports are located there on the 2022 models. Occasionally (maybe once a month) my phone doesn’t connect and I have to “reboot” the device or the car and it connects. I got one for my wife’s Kia Sorento as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts