Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my way back home from visiting my son in college, I was merging onto I-294 near Elmhurst, IIl when the traffic suddenly stopped. Having only driven my CX30 a few weeks, I’m not used to the emergency breaking distances. I nearly collided with the stopped car in front of me when the ABS and smart breaking system kicked in with chimes and beeps. Nearly crapped myself but glad to see the system works.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
187 Posts
Good to hear the emergency braking assist worked for you. How far did you end up from the car in front of you?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
90 Posts
I tested mine as well lol. Not the smartest decision. Worked like a charm... slammed the brakes on maximum on all 4 discs.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
396 Posts
I tested mine as well lol. Not the smartest decision. Worked like a charm... slammed the brakes on maximum on all 4 discs.
I had a big refrigerator box that I tested it on so it wouldn't cause any damages and it worked all right lol. Muted the sound system beep beep beep BRAKE! Warning and then full force brakes.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
51 Posts
Keep in mind --- in inclement weather (snow, sleet, rain, fog, etc.) the radar system may not function properly! Of course, those are the kind of conditions that would be the most helpful to have a reliable 'smart breaking system' in place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My concern is the braking distance it took me to stop. Maybe it’s the junky Bridgestone tires, but only going about 30 mph, I had to really jam on the brakes to stop. Coming from a little ‘19 Civic Si coupe maybe I’m used to grippier brakes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

When I bought the car it seemed that the system was not working, until one day while talking to my son the car in front suddenly stopped and the system was activated. The consequence was an abrupt stop and a distance of maybe 1 meter from the car in front. The system makes the sound first, but then stops too near and a hard brake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That’s about the distance I had from the car in from of me. I’m not too happy with this car’s breaking distance, which, like I said, could be partially due to the stock Bridgestones. Having never owned a crossover, it will take a little adjustment to the car’s safety systems and maneuverability. I’m used to small sports cars that stop on a dime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some emergency tests performed and comparison against Peugeot 2008. Unfortunately video in Russian but self-descriptive
P.S. This system triggered for me once on adaptive cruise control enabled - reacted to the alert message and slowed down myself

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
396 Posts
I think setting the warning setting from normal to early makes a difference it seems as that's where i have mine set at and it seems to stop at a good distance in my tests.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts