Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll I've had my Mazda cx-30 GT Sport tech for around 3-weeks done 900 miles in it it and it bounces all over the road it just seems like it wallows and you feel every little bump through the driver's seat and passenger seat I don't know if that's anything that any of you are experiencing. Also no steaming up quite bad and trying to get the windscreen clear any ideas at the best way!!

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
366 Posts
I'll I've had my Mazda cx-30 GT Sport tech for around 3-weeks done 900 miles in it it and it bounces all over the road it just seems like it wallows and you feel every little bump through the driver's seat and passenger seat I don't know if that's anything that any of you are experiencing. Also no steaming up quite bad and trying to get the windscreen clear any ideas at the best way!!
... Check the tyre pressures.. alot are at delivery psi not the 36psi that's needed.. with the steaming up, just check the air is not on recycled 👍

·
Registered
85 Posts
I could not tolerate the harshness of my 3 but it has lower profile tires. I went from factory recommended 36/36 to 32/30. That made it tolerable without impacting my handling expectations.
That is sure to affect mileage and that's why they recommend rock hard tire pressure. It's a trade off I make happily. If at some point your TPS alarm lights up, You will first have to fill the tires to factory recommendations and drive it a ways before letting the air back out to the lower level.

As for "wallowing" I never had any of that before or after. Could be alignment problem or faulty strut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... Check the tyre pressures.. alot are at delivery psi not the 36psi that's needed.. with the steaming up, just check the air is not on recycled 👍
Thanks i reset the tyre pressure as soon as I cook delivery, and with the steaming up I will try that

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv X AWD UK
11 Posts
I’d suggest getting your wheels balanced using a road force balancer. Although it’s not strictly what the machine is designed for, It’ll pick up subtle flat spots on the tyres that could be causing this behaviour. I once took delivery of a new Mazda that had flat spots on all four tyres as it had been strapped down too hard during transport.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
91 Posts
Once my cx30 hit 4,000 miles the ride started to soften up. Before that it was quite something when driving through NYC etc. But now that I have 10,000 miles I am extremely satisfied with the ride quality! While also maintaining its excellent handling and turn in. I would just give it time for the bushings and struts to wear in a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's to hoping it softens up! I've also noticed the CX30 has a pretty harsh suspension compared with previous vehicles I've owned. FWD, tires at the recommended 36psi.

To some degree, I expected this going into the purchase. My experience so far has actually been exactly what Alex on Autos (YouTube reviewer) said about the CX30's suspension. On smooth roads it's a dream, but any small bumps and imperfections and you'll feel it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here's to hoping it softens up! I've also noticed the CX30 has a pretty harsh suspension compared with previous vehicles I've owned. FWD, tires at the recommended 36psi.

To some degree, I expected this going into the purchase. My experience so far has actually been exactly what Alex on Autos (YouTube reviewer) said about the CX30's suspension. On smooth roads it's a dream, but any small bumps and imperfections and you'll feel it.
I just recently bumped my psi down from 36 to 33 just to see if it made a difference in smoothness . It definantely does and I don't think 33 compare to 36 will do much towards tire integrity and safety of handling. Seems to be less rough at that psi. I'm going to try it out for a bit

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just recently bumped my psi down from 36 to 33 just to see if it made a difference in smoothness . It definantely does and I don't think 33 compare to 36 will do much towards tire integrity and safety of handling. Seems to be less rough at that psi. I'm going to try it out for a bit
Go ahead and drop it another couple of PSI at the rear. You will not notice a difference in handling( Maybe, if you drive really hard), but ride is much better.
As a teenager I used to make fun of my stepdad for dropping his tire pressures for a better ride. But then his old lead sled Buick already wallowed like a pig before going from the recommended 32 to 28.
36 up front may give optimal handling and fuel economy, but 36 in the lightly loaded rear just promotes ride harshness, skittishness and understeer. I think they recommend 36 at the rear to help fuel economy a smidge and keep things simple for the customer. It's hard to believe, from an engineering standpoint, that both ends need exactly the same pressure given their different loads and dynamic roles.

For example, BMW recommends 31/31 for its M3 with rear drive and near 50/50 weight distribution. This makes sense when the fronts steer and the rears drive, distributing the work load evenly corner to corner. The Mazda has 61%of it's weight forward and the fronts both steer and drive. The fronts do most of the work. That is why they wear twice as fast as the backs.

Like Mr. Baggins above, do not fear to experiment within reasonable limits.
Optimal for me and my 3 is 32 or 33 up front and 30 rear.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
91 Posts
Purchasing a Mazda product and complaining about a stiff ride is funny to me. Just like people who buy BMWs and complain about ride quality. These are cars tuned for people who like to drive. If you want a soft ride then get an appliance like a Highlander. These machines are designed to handle extremely well... So there is always a trade off and that is a stiffer ride than most.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go ahead and drop it another couple of PSI at the rear. You will not notice a difference in handling( Maybe, if you drive really hard), but ride is much better.
As a teenager I used to make fun of my stepdad for dropping his tire pressures for a better ride. But then his old lead sled Buick already wallowed like a pig before going from the recommended 32 to 28.
36 up front may give optimal handling and fuel economy, but 36 in the lightly loaded rear just promotes ride harshness, skittishness and understeer. I think they recommend 36 at the rear to help fuel economy a smidge and keep things simple for the customer. It's hard to believe, from an engineering standpoint, that both ends need exactly the same pressure given their different loads and dynamic roles.

For example, BMW recommends 31/31 for its M3 with rear drive and near 50/50 weight distribution. This makes sense when the fronts steer and the rears drive, distributing the work load evenly corner to corner. The Mazda has 61%of it's weight forward and the fronts both steer and drive. The fronts do most of the work. That is why they wear twice as fast as the backs.

Like Mr. Baggins above, do not fear to experiment within reasonable limits.
Optimal for me and my 3 is 32 or 33 up front and 30 rear.
Yea I don't find it a particularly rough car, just wanted to see the difference.

An experiment if you will

1 - 11 of 11 Posts