Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
TIRE PRESSURE
Use the car internal tire pressure system as a guide only.

There is only one sure way to measure tire pressure and that is with a proper tire gauge which you can test for errors at a gas station using their system.
All tire should read as stated on the drivers door frame.
Tire pressure is dependent on where you live road quality and the type of driving you do it is up to you to determine the sweet spot.
I add an extra 2 P.SI. to the front wheels in all my cars.
You should verify the tire pressure and physically look and foreign objects in and including side walls in all tires for at the beginning and the end of the journey.
Rim leaks may be re sealed and re seated by deflating all tires by 10 pounds an driving the car forward and back a few feet then re inflate.
The best way to check for leaks is with soapy water in a home trigger sprayer you also might check if all Schrader Valves are functioning they could be loose or defective , there is a three way tool available for that.
Heat build up may be caused by hard driving ,under inflation, excessive hard breaking, and or very hot roads.
Tires performance change as tire wear down to say 2 /32.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
79 Posts
apparently you have to drive it to get accurate tire pressures as they went down to 34 psi when driving but kinda defeats the purpose of checking
the tires "when cold" as Mazda manual states

·
Registered
79 Posts
TIRE PRESSURE
Use the car internal tire pressure system as a guide only.

There is only one sure way to measure tire pressure and that is with a proper tire gauge which you can test for errors at a gas station using their system.
All tire should read as stated on the drivers door frame.
Tire pressure is dependent on where you live road quality and the type of driving you do it is up to you to determine the sweet spot.
I add an extra 2 P.SI. to the front wheels in all my cars.
You should verify the tire pressure and physically look and foreign objects in and including side walls in all tires for at the beginning and the end of the journey.
Rim leaks may be re sealed and re seated by deflating all tires by 10 pounds an driving the car forward and back a few feet then re inflate.
The best way to check for leaks is with soapy water in a home trigger sprayer you also might check if all Schrader Valves are functioning they could be loose or defective , there is a three way tool available for that.
Heat build up may be caused by hard driving ,under inflation, excessive hard breaking, and or very hot roads.
Tires performance change as tire wear down to say 2 /32.
Back to "old school " methods :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cali Joe
TIRE PRESSURE
I guess you know when discussing tire pressure the experts are going to ~~~~~~~~~~~.
so here are my opinions which i will try to do in about 100 words of text.

As you are most likely are aware , the engineers at Mazda, after, say extensive of testing their car have come up with ,as i take it, a guide line for their standard tires which they install on their new cars, other manufactures quote different pressures for the same tire.

Most likely ever manufacture will set pressure levels at over 30 being the absolute bare minimum.

What is important here is is all about safety . Speed kills !

At 20 mph to the Supermarket or 100 mph out in the desert where temperature affect tire pressure differently in each tire on the same vehicle as do many other road and load conditions like engine weight and the type of driving .
I am not going to tell the Forum what tire press is best for their cars but i can tell the what tire pressure is best for my CX3 with my 215 Toyo tires 36F & 32 R
that is this week , now I have a problem the roads here are very hot that drives the pressure up by 3 to 4 lbs , I will change to 34 F 30 R.
You will know when you have found the sweet spot, as the car seem to float on air and steering will improve .
What bust the bubble is speed, the faster the car the greater the front end lift reducing ground tire patch.
Two passengers at say 300 lbs in total changes the tire patch and every thing else.
The next problem, is ,excessive tire wear as with under inflation the corner sidewall loose tread, we are playing with 2/32 this where thing can get dangerouse at the end of time, from on average of 10 /32 as new.
Over inflation , the center of the tire tread wears ,it is important to see the point where the tread meets the side wall when driving, it is also important that the tire tread wears evenly. Think tire patch.
What are tire tread for? it is for disapation of water on wet roads ( Here, we have Duck Ponds) to prevent hydro planing resulting in rear ending others.
I don't know, and Mazda don't know ,what condition you are driving under , only you do .
Fix it !

A16 year old girl died on here on our roads two days ago there is 30 ft of flowers an balloons on the side walk ,that will not bring her back.

Be careful, drive safe ,the life you save may be your own.

MAZDA CX3 2 ltr Auto
BERMUDA

·
Registered
79 Posts
Cali Joe
TIRE PRESSURE
I guess you know when discussing tire pressure the experts are going to ~~~~~~~~~~~.
so here are my opinions which i will try to do in about 100 words of text.

As you are most likely are aware , the engineers at Mazda, after, say extensive of testing their car have come up with ,as i take it, a guide line for their standard tires which they install on their new cars, other manufactures quote different pressures for the same tire.

Most likely ever manufacture will set pressure levels at over 30 being the absolute bare minimum.

What is important here is is all about safety . Speed kills !

At 20 mph to the Supermarket or 100 mph out in the desert where temperature affect tire pressure differently in each tire on the same vehicle as do many other road and load conditions like engine weight and the type of driving .
I am not going to tell the Forum what tire press is best for their cars but i can tell the what tire pressure is best for my CX3 with my 215 Toyo tires 36F & 32 R
that is this week , now I have a problem the roads here are very hot that drives the pressure up by 3 to 4 lbs , I will change to 34 F 30 R.
You will know when you have found the sweet spot, as the car seem to float on air and steering will improve .
What bust the bubble is speed, the faster the car the greater the front end lift reducing ground tire patch.
Two passengers at say 300 lbs in total changes the tire patch and every thing else.
The next problem, is ,excessive tire wear as with under inflation the corner sidewall loose tread, we are playing with 2/32 this where thing can get dangerouse at the end of time, from on average of 10 /32 as new.
Over inflation , the center of the tire tread wears ,it is important to see the point where the tread meets the side wall when driving, it is also important that the tire tread wears evenly. Think tire patch.
What are tire tread for? it is for disapation of water on wet roads ( Here, we have Duck Ponds) to prevent hydro planing resulting in rear ending others.
I don't know, and Mazda don't know ,what condition you are driving under , only you do .
Fix it !

A16 year old girl died on here on our roads two days ago there is 30 ft of flowers an balloons on the side walk ,that will not bring her back.

Be careful, drive safe ,the life you save may be your own.

MAZDA CX3 2 ltr Auto
BERMUDA
Hurricane season just around the corner out there

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hurricane season just around the corner out there
All this is off topic every body !

I don't care for hurricanes much now we are getting tornadoes my car has been through three so far
I teflon coated it with a teflon boat polish got two application so far from last year.
I have to get it painted machine grey next time i hope i don't have a problem there .
I hope i have got you on the right track with tire pressure
The Mazda CX3 is a firm ride it has got some sports car heritage.
CX 3
Bermuda

·
Registered
97 Posts
BUMPY RIDE
This is an amended post. of #48 as deleted.

Bumpy ride is a very general description of a car performance.

No doubt that many of you have recently seen a new car in cabin demonstration on youtube video, where ,if you take you eyes of the road you will notice the drivers window/ dash board appear to rise up and down according to road conditions.

Alternatively with older vehicles, this situation, becomes more pronounced ,if one or both or the both front shocks or the suspension joints have been damaged or have seen better days .

A loose front wheel should not be ruled out .

The quick fix, owners manuals will always recommend that car be taken to a qualified mechanic.

Fact checking a car requires the expertize of a professional.

Car bounce is a serious matter.

In comparison many years ago some western style , very large heavy cars, came with very soft suspension with fat balloon tires, here is where the wheels used to bounce in the wheel wells, if the wheel did not bounce we would not buy the car.
How things have changed !
Since then, there have been many advances in car usage and design ,the ride in modern cars ,is firm, being the exact opposite of 50 years ago, engineers and manufacturers to day know what they are doing , their reputation rides on it .

Today many want high performance tires , what does that tell you.

Some owners will modify their cars changing out wheels and tires there by increasing un sprung weight, causing an energy transfer.

In order to save a on gas cars are much smaller and lighter in weight all in the quest for performance ,the car chassis are a thing of the past. now the car body does the bouncing.

The energy has to go some where.

Mazda CX3 soil red 2 ltr 6 gear auto.
BERMUDA

41 - 48 of 48 Posts