Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
325 Posts
Ever since my dealership did d a software update to the PCM things have been quite smooth as before say starting to go up a hill and you push into the accelerator to maintain speed / speed up it would jolt to downshift now it dose it smooth and iv also watched the cylinder deactivation screen going down the highway and mine had been good with 10,300 km on it now touch wood and I haven't had brackets replaced or anything just asked them to update software as it was jolting to downshift. One thing I noticed tho is the cylinder deactivation since the software update is a little less aggressive as to when it switches to two cylinders.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ever since my dealership did d a software update to the PCM things have been quite smooth as before say starting to go up a hill and you push into the accelerator to maintain speed / speed up it would jolt to downshift now it dose it smooth and iv also watched the cylinder deactivation screen going down the highway and mine had been good with 10,300 km on it now touch wood and I haven't had brackets replaced or anything just asked them to update software as it was jolting to downshift. One thing I noticed tho is the cylinder deactivation since the software update is a little less aggressive as to when it switches to two cylinders.
When did you have that PCM update? Was it recent?

My dealer just ordered the brackets and there's an update to the software with the brackets. We shall see

I am also familiar with that jolting. Sort of like it's stuck in too high of gear and has no power and as you put your foot down on the accelerator a little bit, it just jolts too quickly?

·
Registered
325 Posts
When did you have that PCM update? Was it recent?

My dealer just ordered the brackets and there's an update to the software with the brackets. We shall see

I am also familiar with that jolting. Sort of like it's stuck in too high of gear and has no power and as you put your foot down on the accelerator a little bit, it just jolts too quickly?
i had them do the pcm software update when i had it in for the 8k no oil change inspection service and yes before it would jolt down shifting going up the same hill i go up almost everyday but now its allot better and is smooth and it was done on july.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hate to tell you this but the CD is rubbish and a headache for all car brands that have implemented it.
Mazda in USA are actually replacing Cylinder Heads with another new modified one, this is not related to the TSB above or a Software change or Radiator Brackets, but more of engine tapping/knocking noise/vibration.
At this stage nothing on CX-30 from an Engine Point of View.
I am a Mazda man of many years, sorry i would never get a Skyactiv engine with Cylinder Deactivation.
It is NOT a Recall but Mazda will not abandon owners, they do not do that.
ONLY applies to 2.5 litre Engine Made BEFORE Nov 2019 and ONLY these models.
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2018-2020 CX-5 (US spec)
2018-2020 Mazda6 (US spec)
2019-2020 Mazda3 (US spec)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is it possible to deactivate CD with a update ? Could save a lot of headache‘s later . I’ve only done 5000 klms and so far no issues with CD , don’t notice any change whatsoever. I didn’t want CD but had no choice if choosing AWD 2.5 engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is the service alert (Not a TSB) about the new cylinder head assembly for service parts that has been newly established for SKYACTIV-G 2.5 with cylinder deactivation, that ASH8 is probably referring to:

Link

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hate to tell you this but the CD is rubbish and a headache for all car brands that have implemented it.
Mazda in USA are actually replacing Cylinder Heads with another new modified one, this is not related to the TSB above or a Software change or Radiator Brackets, but more of engine tapping/knocking noise/vibration.
At this stage nothing on CX-30 from an Engine Point of View.
I am a Mazda man of many years, sorry i would never get a Skyactiv engine with Cylinder Deactivation.
It is NOT a Recall but Mazda will not abandon owners, they do not do that.
ONLY applies to 2.5 litre Engine Made BEFORE Nov 2019 and ONLY these models.
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2018-2020 CX-5 (US spec)
2018-2020 Mazda6 (US spec)
2019-2020 Mazda3 (US spec)
So what's the deal with cylinder heads? Is that issue to do with the cylinder deactivation causing issues that require new cylinder heads? Or is it unrelated. Could that possibly be what is causing vibrations at certain speeds in two cylinder mode only on certain cars?

and you don't have to tell me it's rubbish lol, I found that out the hard way.

I could see this as reason as to why it's being pulled from production. Sounds like an expensive predicament for Mazda if it is being escalated to a service alert.

My car was built in June 2019

·
Registered
325 Posts
So my guy in my dealership on service called me yesterday and was like hey just wanted to let you know a tsb was released 2 weeks ago for cylinder deactivation issue and I wanted to get yours in regardless weather you are having a issue or not and have those radiator mounting rubber grommets replaced so you hopefully never have a issue as I know last time we did a pcm update to ressolve a jerkey / hard downshift issue and with engagement of the cylinder deactivation and so now they have further gone to ressolve issues relating vibration. So I'm like sure why not lol. It's good to have a good connection at my dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So my guy in my dealership on service called me yesterday and was like hey just wanted to let you know a tsb was released 2 weeks ago for cylinder deactivation issue and I wanted to get yours in regardless weather you are having a issue or not and have those radiator mounting rubber grommets replaced so you hopefully never have a issue as I know last time we did a pcm update to ressolve a jerkey / hard downshift issue and with engagement of the cylinder deactivation and so now they have further gone to ressolve issues relating vibration. So I'm like sure why not lol. It's good to have a good connection at my dealership.
Is this a different one from the original TSB? IE different from the original radiator mount tsb?

·
Registered
18 Posts
He told me it was released two weeks ago.. I will see about getting the TSB document number for ya when i go in on Thursday.
Oh jeez, I keep forgetting you have a cx 30. I came here as I have the same engine in my Mazda 3. This TSB for the Mazda 3 was released a couple of months ago for the mazda 3. I have my car booked in for it in a couple of weeks. I hope it works!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have no current problems with cylinder deactivation it changes smoothly and no vibrations at any speed. If the 2021 models have no cylinder deactivation then does anyone know if it’s possible for Mazda to deactivate cars which have it with a computer update ? My concern is the life of engine with CD , surely this would save future problems.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have no current problems with cylinder deactivation it changes smoothly and no vibrations at any speed. If the 2021 models have no cylinder deactivation then does anyone know if it’s possible for Mazda to deactivate cars which have it with a computer update ? My concern is the life of engine with CD , surely this would save future problems.
im not having a issue currently tho however my guy at my dealership in service wanted to let me know of a tsb that came out two weeks ago relating to a vibration issue and that i could have the fix installed as a preventive measure for the future so i opted to do so as the master tech explained to him that those rubber sort of grommet mounting brackets sort of dry out and do not absorb vibration so well anymore causing you to feel it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
im not having a issue currently tho however my guy at my dealership in service wanted to let me know of a tsb that came out two weeks ago relating to a vibration issue and that i could have the fix installed as a preventive measure for the future so i opted to do so as the master tech explained to him that those rubber sort of grommet mounting brackets sort of dry out and do not absorb vibration so well anymore causing you to feel it.
Well that gives me hope the fix will work. Obviously he's aware of the issue, that's for sure. I would assume if that is the case, we could expect all Mazda's with CD to have this happen at some point if they have the non updated parts

Interesting he recommends having it done even though you have no issue.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well that gives me hope the fix will work. Obviously he's aware of the issue, that's for sure. I would assume if that is the case, we could expect all Mazda's with CD to have this happen at some point if they have the non updated parts

Interesting he recommends having it done even though you have no issue.
I have good connections at my dealership so he just wants to ensure I never have a issue as all he has to tell Mazda is that I was having a issue and they get reimbursed for the work as the tsb is already there so nothing really else needs to be proved.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have good connections at my dealership so he just wants to ensure I never have a issue as all he has to tell Mazda is that I was having a issue and they get reimbursed for the work as the tsb is already there so nothing really else needs to be proved.
No that's great. Just usually they don't do stuff as a preventive measure unless it's a safety issue. Sounds like you have a good dealer.

·
Registered
325 Posts
No that's great. Just usually they don't do stuff as a preventive measure unless it's a safety issue. Sounds like you have a good dealer.
Yah I know the dealership owner well so because of that I got $1000 off of my lease deal and so I get treated very well by all the staff cus they know of I have a issue that they won't fix I'm going to the owner lol .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yah I know the dealership owner well so because of that I got $1000 off of my lease deal and so I get treated very well by all the staff cus they know of I have a issue that they won't fix I'm going to the owner lol .
Agree, it is good, BUT it is pointless doing the Radiator Fix IF your car already had it done in car Production??, the Dealer will have the Warranty Claim rejected IF this is the case, obviously Mazda are not going to pay for another fix that was already done....I am not suggesting it was, just a little strange to do it IF you do not have the problem.
EDIT: IF any car was made AFTER January 10, 2020 this fix does not apply.
I hope the Dealer is not BS you about doing the repair.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey guys. Just had the TSB for radiator brackets and software for CD on my mazda 3. It seems to have worked like a charm. Smoothed things out considerably
Software is litterly everything to a car these days .. glad things are allot better.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts