Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's because I think it's only available on the premium model(I think, could be wrong)

Cylinder deactivation is when at cruising the engine shuts off two of four cylinders to save gas. If you are asking you are lucky as you obviously have no issues(which most people probably don't, but who knows)
I definitely have issues, but did not know what cylinder deactivation was. I thought my shaking, delay/hesitation in a parking lot or revving at 20-30 mph were from transmission issues . They did a PCM /TCM updates , its still kinda stiff and periodically shakes when you first get going after a stop.Like a stumble.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Glad I saw this. I thought the rumbling feeling was normal and i was minorly annoyed by it because I didn’t notice it when I bought it.
The "fix" will help. I think it helped alot. But it will not remove it completely from 85 to 90 kmh. At least it was that way for my mazda 3. At other speeds above 90 and below 80, the rumbling and vibration is pretty much gone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just so you all know, I think there is a temperature dependant vibration with the CD. Possibly mounts hardening/softening?

I had it out on a long drive in particularly cold weather and the vibrations were pretty terrible. We suddenly had a last bit of summer weather over the last few days and the vibrations appear to have almost disappeared again at the same speed range. I know Mazda has had issues with engine mount number 1(I think) hardening in cold weather. Maybe this could be it. I find this problem very confusing as it is sometimes not consistent and I am just now making the temperature connection.

·
Registered
56 Posts
On my vehicle you would not know it has CD unless you watch the screen.
Yea so I have heard from those that don't feel anything. So I dunno what the hell is going on with those that have vibration. I was the same when I first bought the car. About 4 months after it came about

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 6 GS
15 Posts
I definitely have issues, but did not know what cylinder deactivation was. I thought my shaking, delay/hesitation in a parking lot or revving at 20-30 mph were from transmission issues . They did a PCM /TCM updates , its still kinda stiff and periodically shakes when you first get going after a stop.Like a stumble.
I have a 2019 6 that has the 2.5L engine with CDA and no vibrations whatsoever! When I picked up the new car from dealer back in March I had them do the PCM update and so far the switch to and from 2 to 4 cylinders is actually imperceptible and will only know it switches when you see the graphics on the infotainment screen or the instantaneous fuel economy number on the dash (goes up or down). So far no issues with it and not worried even if I punch the accelerator to max RPMs!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts