Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
51 Posts
It is operating in 2cyl mode not only in 6th gear in my CX-30, but low load is a prerequisite. For OP, if your car does have cyclinder deactivation, it is worth to check the energy flow info screen. There you can see whether the car is running in 2 or 4 cyl mode. If your car switches from 4 to 2 cylinders and you immediately experience the issue you know the cause.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
441 Posts
The Premier model in the US has cylinder deactivation. I haven't looked up the operating parameters but would expect it to operate only when the transmission is in 6th gear and there is a low load on the engine. That is how the deactivation works in my Chevy truck.
I dont notice very much vibration but i do notice a slight jolt when it goes into 2 cylinder mode but its slight and not a bad jolt.

·
Registered
cx 30 awd premium
17 Posts
so i think im experiencing the same kind of problem around 44mph to 47 mph, I feel some kind of vibration but when i accelerate or slow down it disappears.. i think we have the same problem. Hopefully my dealer could address the problem.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
205 Posts
My guess is that it's the tires and wheels setup. Hooking these up to a Hunter Road Force machine and checking the runout would definitely help. Your dealer likely won't help you out either. Discount Tire and other places have these machines. Bridgestones are notorious for being out of round, which is why the road force can help line things up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brand new CX-30 Select (650 miles) has noticeable vibration around 50mph felt in the seat and throughout the car. Not so much in the steering wheel. Vibration is in a narrow range, maybe 49 to 52 mph, but also re-appears less pronounced at 75mph. Together with the dealer tech we compared with brand new CX-30 vehicle on the lot. That car did the same thing. Dealer conclusion is this is a driving characteristic. Dealer refused to do a road force balance of the tires. Dealer spoke to Mazda tech hotline and same thing from there. Nothing is wrong, normal car behavior. Then I spoke to Mazda experience folks. Same conclusion. Nothing wrong. Keep driving as if problem does not exist.

This is quite disappointing from a car company that prides itself on driving characteristic.

Any others with this issue?

I blame this on bad tires, flat spot or balancing but hopefully is not a suspension thing.

One thing I learned from this is... maybe not a good idea to buy a first year production vehicle made in Mexico.

Now, not to be all negative, the car drives fine and of course I do not make a habit of driving it at exactly 50mph. But still,
to get this level of ignorance all around from Mazda is super annoying.
Interesting problem.
I bought a cx30 GT here in Canada in March this year. Manufactured in Mexico Dec 2019.
My problem oriented with the drivers side mirror vibrating. I am convinced that the problem is the vehicle vibrating not just the mirror. Mazda’s told the dealer to roadforce balance the tires. This was done but did not fix problem. With the pandemic I am doing very llittle driving so am not able to diagnose the problem as quickly as I would like.
At present the dealer has added weights to the back side of the mirror in an attempt to dampen the vibration. This seemed to help but as the weather got colder ( I’m in Canada) it is even worse than before. I am beginning to think that this problem is bad designed suspension. From what I have seen on the web Mazda is saying that they are using the tires to help dampen the harshness of the bushings and shocks!!? Tomorrow I am going to change to my winter tires and wheels . This will change the wheel size to 16in from 18in and the tires to 205/60 R16 Michelin X ice on steel rims. I hope this helps. I will post an update later in the week.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
205 Posts
Interesting problem.
I bought a cx30 GT here in Canada in March this year. Manufactured in Mexico Dec 2019.
My problem oriented with the drivers side mirror vibrating. I am convinced that the problem is the vehicle vibrating not just the mirror. Mazda’s told the dealer to roadforce balance the tires. This was done but did not fix problem. With the pandemic I am doing very llittle driving so am not able to diagnose the problem as quickly as I would like.
At present the dealer has added weights to the back side of the mirror in an attempt to dampen the vibration. This seemed to help but as the weather got colder ( I’m in Canada) it is even worse than before. I am beginning to think that this problem is bad designed suspension. From what I have seen on the web Mazda is saying that they are using the tires to help dampen the harshness of the bushings and shocks!!? Tomorrow I am going to change to my winter tires and wheels . This will change the wheel size to 16in from 18in and the tires to 205/60 R16 Michelin X ice on steel rims. I hope this helps. I will post an update later in the week.
It won't help your mirror problem. I've had this issue since day 1 so have many others. My swap to winter tires did nothing to stop the vibration and that set was road forced. The passenger mirror is dead still while the driver's side starts to shake above 55 or so. I've accepted it at this point.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
49 Posts
Yeah, the driver mirror shaking is a complaint of CX-30s and Mazda 3 (current gen) on their forums. It's not the tires.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
476 Posts
no problem with my mirrors

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
223 Posts
no problem with my mirrors
The only problem with my mirror is the rear view mirror. It likes to droop down towards the floor every few times I go to drive the car quit the nuisance. When I reach the milestone of getting my first oil change I'll bring it up to the dealer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Interesting problem.
I know this is like a broken record. But do you have cylinder deactivation in your vehicle? Do you feel vibrations in the car and not just see it in the mirror?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is like a broken record. But do you have cylinder deactivation in your vehicle? Do you feel vibrations in the car and not just see it in the mirror?
Yes do have cylinder deactivation and AWD . I think I have vibration? I know that seems strange but the roads around Ottawa are pretty bad ,so you do get bumps but is it vibration??

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech (UK, RHD), Skyactiv-X
43 Posts
I have the whole car vibrating when braking. They are replacing all disc brakes under warsntee (I think they’re called rotors for you Americans?)

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 6 GS
15 Posts
Interesting problem.
it is likely a Mazda design issue as I had same issue with my 2017 CX9 (only driver side mirror). Took it to dealer and the mirror was replaced during warranty period. It somehow solved the issue with less vibrating but still there when on the highway at high speeds. Doesn’t vibrate if only driving at slower speeds in the city. Apparently there’s a clip inside the side mirror assembly that’s the culprit so I’d suggest to get that fixed under warranty period.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts