Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
9 Posts
It is operating in 2cyl mode not only in 6th gear in my CX-30, but low load is a prerequisite. For OP, if your car does have cyclinder deactivation, it is worth to check the energy flow info screen. There you can see whether the car is running in 2 or 4 cyl mode. If your car switches from 4 to 2 cylinders and you immediately experience the issue you know the cause.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
47 Posts
The Premier model in the US has cylinder deactivation. I haven't looked up the operating parameters but would expect it to operate only when the transmission is in 6th gear and there is a low load on the engine. That is how the deactivation works in my Chevy truck.
I dont notice very much vibration but i do notice a slight jolt when it goes into 2 cylinder mode but its slight and not a bad jolt.

·
Registered
cx 30 awd premium
6 Posts
so i think im experiencing the same kind of problem around 44mph to 47 mph, I feel some kind of vibration but when i accelerate or slow down it disappears.. i think we have the same problem. Hopefully my dealer could address the problem.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
139 Posts
My guess is that it's the tires and wheels setup. Hooking these up to a Hunter Road Force machine and checking the runout would definitely help. Your dealer likely won't help you out either. Discount Tire and other places have these machines. Bridgestones are notorious for being out of round, which is why the road force can help line things up.

·
Registered
cx 30 awd premium
6 Posts
i see. ill try and find one in my area. because my dealer is far away anyways

21 - 26 of 26 Posts