Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
2 Posts
Yes. $150. By local shop I mean Sullivan Tire shop in Westford MA, USA..
Will talk to chief at Mazda dealer service tomorrow to see if he can make it right. I doubt it given his prior attitude.
I’m having the same problem with my brand new (450mile) Mazda cx-30 select. Bought in Danvers MA. After seeing this thread I’m assuming if I get new tires and have them balanced correctly the problem will go away but I’m wondering which dealer you bought from since I see you’re in MA too. Also when you got the tires replaced did sullivan happen to say anything about whether the tires that came with the car were balanced correctly?
Hope you haven’t had any problems since. Such a frustrating thing to deal with on a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
146 Posts
I’m having the same problem with my brand new (450mile) Mazda cx-30 select. Bought in Danvers MA. After seeing this thread I’m assuming if I get new tires and have them balanced correctly the problem will go away but I’m wondering which dealer you bought from since I see you’re in MA too. Also when you got the tires replaced did sullivan happen to say anything about whether the tires that came with the car were balanced correctly?
Hope you haven’t had any problems since. Such a frustrating thing to deal with on a brand new vehicle.
Hi Col,
Massachusetts owner here too. Vibration since day one. I have 800 miles on mine. First it started only when accelerating, though that has improved a bit. Now however I am getting the same vibration issue as everyone else. Mostly in speeds between 65-75, and actually in first gear when creeping along in traffic while braking.
You guys really think this could be the tires? Seems a lot of people have had the issue and the tires have been the problem.
I have a Select picked it up from 495 Mazda in Lowell, MA.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Tech Auto
10 Posts
I took tires for inspection and road force balance at the local shop in town. Passenger side front tire was "hopping" on the machine. They re-mounted the tire to reduce the hopping. They were able to get it to "11". Anything under 20 is good balancing. Rear driver side tire was a "22". With careful re-balancing they were able to get it to a "9". The other two tires were "10" and "11".

Took car for a spin and the problem is 95% gone.

Why the F couldn't the dealer do this ? Why the B.S. about normal characteristic of the car ?

What is going on with the quality control at the Mexico factory ? Not good and not confidence inspiring in the overall quality of the vehicle.

Happy the problem is fixed and related to tires only, but pissed with the way Mazda handled this. I would think twice before buying or recommending Mazda based on this interaction.

Tires are 19 inch Bridgestone Turanza EL440, which are rated pretty badly on TireRack, so yeah not good again...

Getting a bit philosophical here....

Why would a company like Mazda that prides itself on driving experience choose to put these cheap tires on ?
But yes, we know the reason. Cost.
But still, why take a chance compromising the most important differentiating feature for them ?
Mazda service is failing in many countries it appears? Maybe the Rotary episode left its mark?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
123 Posts
Mazda service is failing in many countries it appears? Maybe the Rotary episode left its mark?
Service failing? Part of that is Karma. When you really look into the trade problems you realize there isn't a good reason for anyone who is truly capable of doing the work to choose to become a technician in the first place.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
2 Posts
Hi Col,
Massachusetts owner here too. Vibration since day one. I have 800 miles on mine. First it started only when accelerating, though that has improved a bit. Now however I am getting the same vibration issue as everyone else. Mostly in speeds between 65-75, and actually in first gear when creeping along in traffic while braking.
You guys really think this could be the tires? Seems a lot of people have had the issue and the tires have been the problem.
I have a Select picked it up from 495 Mazda in Lowell, MA.
Still not sure if it is indeed the tires, just saw it seemed to solve the issue for others. Did you contact 495 Mazda about your issue? I’m on the phone with Mazda now and they are trying to set up an appointment for me with that dealer to get this issue resolved. Maybe if we both go to the same dealership with the same issue we can get to the root of this or at least get Mazda aware that this has been a problem for multiple Mazda-cx30 select model owners

·
Registered
146 Posts
Still not sure if it is indeed the tires, just saw it seemed to solve the issue for others. Did you contact 495 Mazda about your issue? I’m on the phone with Mazda now and they are trying to set up an appointment for me with that dealer to get this issue resolved. Maybe if we both go to the same dealership with the same issue we can get to the root of this or at least get Mazda aware that this has been a problem for multiple Mazda-cx30 select model owners
Hi Col,

I haven't yet and the only reason is because I am traveling for work the last few weeks. I have already contacted Kristen Murphy there (she is in sales but she cares for her customers) and I have told her that I want to go have the car looked at as some things are bothering me.
Let me know when you expect to go, perhaps we can go within the same week or within a few days so they understand that this is urgent for us and everyone else.
I plan on getting to the dealership within the next couple of weeks, most likely after the 13th.
Keep me posted.

·
Registered
2021 CX 30
4 Posts
Brand new CX-30 Select (650 miles) has noticeable vibration around 50mph felt in the seat and throughout the car. Not so much in the steering wheel. Vibration is in a narrow range, maybe 49 to 52 mph, but also re-appears less pronounced at 75mph. Together with the dealer tech we compared with brand new CX-30 vehicle on the lot. That car did the same thing. Dealer conclusion is this is a driving characteristic. Dealer refused to do a road force balance of the tires. Dealer spoke to Mazda tech hotline and same thing from there. Nothing is wrong, normal car behavior. Then I spoke to Mazda experience folks. Same conclusion. Nothing wrong. Keep driving as if problem does not exist.

This is quite disappointing from a car company that prides itself on driving characteristic.

Any others with this issue?

I blame this on bad tires, flat spot or balancing but hopefully is not a suspension thing.

One thing I learned from this is... maybe not a good idea to buy a first year production vehicle made in Mexico.

Now, not to be all negative, the car drives fine and of course I do not make a habit of driving it at exactly 50mph. But still,
to get this level of ignorance all around from Mazda is super annoying.

·
Registered
2021 CX 30
4 Posts
I just bought a new CX-30 about 6 weeks ago, less that 3K on the car so far. I have the same problem. At highway speeds, 55 - 75 MPH, the front right vibrates every 1 -2 minutes and it only lasts for about 5 seconds or so but it's incredibly frustrating given the high ratings on this car. I brought it back to the dealer and they took it for a 10 mile run on the highway and say they could not reproduce the issue. I'm going to bring it back and insist that they balance the tires. The car came with Bridgestone Truanza EL440 tires.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
324 Posts
To bad to hear....I am approaching 36 000 km and no such issues. I have found the stock tires performance very good, in spite of consumer ratings

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just bought a new CX-30 about 6 weeks ago, less that 3K on the car so far. I have the same problem. At highway speeds, 55 - 75 MPH, the front right vibrates every 1 -2 minutes and it only lasts for about 5 seconds or so but it's incredibly frustrating given the high ratings on this car. I brought it back to the dealer and they took it for a 10 mile run on the highway and say they could not reproduce the issue. I'm going to bring it back and insist that they balance the tires. The car came with Bridgestone Truanza EL440 tires.
Of course they would say that. Make sure you go with them on this ride. If you let them go alone you would never know what they actually experienced.
After driving mine and a lot of research I have come to the conclusion that the tires were only part of the issue if related at all. Mine vibrates even after tire balance, though it's better overall, but unresolved

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
123 Posts
I just bought a new CX-30 about 6 weeks ago, less that 3K on the car so far. I have the same problem. At highway speeds, 55 - 75 MPH, the front right vibrates every 1 -2 minutes and it only lasts for about 5 seconds or so but it's incredibly frustrating given the high ratings on this car.
Tire balance issues don't behave like that. Have you tried measuring the frequency of the vibration using one of the APPs I described earlier?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Since balancing the tires fixed most of my vibration and the dealership said they were not our of round when I asked, I think this is a drive train issue, most likely some component that is part of the drive shaft

·
Registered
146 Posts
Meaning I still get vibration when I am accelerating at specific speeds and RPM. I can feel it through the floor and sometimes the pedal but it's very noticeable that it is right under my feet.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 Premium
9 Posts
Brand new CX-30 Select (650 miles) has noticeable vibration around 50mph felt in the seat and throughout the car. Not so much in the steering wheel. Vibration is in a narrow range, maybe 49 to 52 mph, but also re-appears less pronounced at 75mph. Together with the dealer tech we compared with brand new CX-30 vehicle on the lot. That car did the same thing. Dealer conclusion is this is a driving characteristic. Dealer refused to do a road force balance of the tires. Dealer spoke to Mazda tech hotline and same thing from there. Nothing is wrong, normal car behavior. Then I spoke to Mazda experience folks. Same conclusion. Nothing wrong. Keep driving as if problem does not exist.

This is quite disappointing from a car company that prides itself on driving characteristic.

Any others with this issue?

I blame this on bad tires, flat spot or balancing but hopefully is not a suspension thing.

One thing I learned from this is... maybe not a good idea to buy a first year production vehicle made in Mexico.

Now, not to be all negative, the car drives fine and of course I do not make a habit of driving it at exactly 50mph. But still,
to get this level of ignorance all around from Mazda is super annoying.
Does your CX 30 have cylinder deactivation? Mine did the same thing. There is a TSB for it. It solved the problem about 90%. Mazda was wise and got rid of the feature in 2021.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same issue here since day 1. 2L FWD with O. E. TOYO 18'' tires on. Debbuging, at 1,000 miles 2 tires replaced. Didn't solve. Asked Mazda to perform road force balance. They don't want to. Front passengers side vibrates more than others. Using normal wheel balance, found out that 85 grams weights needed. Seemed to me too much as tire is new. They checked the rim itself without the tire on it, and the rim is not balanced! It showed 70 grams on the outer side and 10 grams on the other. Does it mean the rim is deformed?
This may explain why forum members felt vibration with different tire brands. Maybe there is a factory defect with the rims, or something at the manufacturing floor that makes this defect. Anyhow, the guy crossed the passengers side front right wheel with the left rear one and balanced it rotating the tire against the rim putting 35 and 10 grams instead of the 85 required before. It seems better now, but not perfect. I can feel the vibration specialy when driving a curve - it behaves like a giro ball. I may buy tomorrow the NVH app as JohnG recommended to try and solve this by myself, and would demand Mazda to take it to road force balance.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts