Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
710 Posts
Took delivery of my car on Friday and the first thing I did was remove the center headrest as well. Much better!
just took delivery of mine a few days back and did exactly the same thing (y)

·
Registered
710 Posts
update, I've been driving around for the last 5 months without the centre rear headrest in place, but I have now put it back and will see if it bugs me, but from these two comparison photos taken from my drivers seat looking via the inside rear view mirror there is not really much of a gain.

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
64 Posts
Try to remember to put it back in when you trade it in. We have quite a supply of center rear headrests (and winter floor mats) in the basement.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
Personally I do not have any issues with the visibility👍
also the sonar sensors on the back work very well for backing up say into a parking spot with a car or a object behind.. one time I whitnessed the rear auto breaking kick into action when i was teaching my partner how to drive and he was practiceing backing up and hit the gas rather then the break.. well let me tell you I think my heart flat lined until instantly the BREAK! message came on and with in one second or so full forced brakes got applied automatically.. thank goodness and I got out to check to see.. its stopped a good 7 inches away from the yellow concrete barrier and wow I was relived as i thought i was gonna have a heart attack as I know that bumper with the sensors is worth thousands.

·
Registered
710 Posts
UPDATE: since my post #22 above of 4 months ago, I've left the centre head rest in place and can see no reason to remove it. If it didn't have the hump for the rear wiper then there would be something to gain but otherwise there is no point to remove it.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
UPDATE: since my post #22 above of 4 months ago, I've left the centre head rest in place and can see no reason to remove it. If it didn't have the hump for the rear wiper then there would be something to gain but otherwise there is no point to remove it.
yah fir my self too I leave it in place as well and even tho I have all the safety features and rear cross traffic allert etc.. I have always had the habit of backing into parking spots and even in my driveway. Just good safe practice to me.

·
Registered
'21 GS awd
14 Posts
Try to remember to put it back in when you trade it in. We have quite a supply of center rear headrests (and winter floor mats) in the basement.
Funny, this thread made me realize that I traded in my last car without the centre headrest installed.

The CX-30 centre headrest doesn't block much of my view at all, so I left it in. The backup camera is the best I've ever used as well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts