Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Is anyone else regretting getting paint protection after purchasing their new Mazda.
After reading through the warranty it's pretty clear I've been scammed out of nearly 3 grand.

The way it's worded it looks like I can't even take it to a car wash place that isn't using their specific brand of (pH neutral) products.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Skyactive-X FWD, Sport Tech, Polymetal grey
24 Posts
Unfortunately its one of those you put down to experience, along with many of the insurance products suddenly available when you complete/pickup keys.

Salesmen vanish once you drive off - so either futile fighting the mistake, or learn for the next time :/
I bought a scratch insurance product myself and its not the first time - mistake - doh.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
157 Posts
3 grand!? That is a lot... I paid $500 for what was priced at $1000. Simonize Glascoat treatments in and out.. Recommends use Simonize products for best results, blah blah, but pretty much anything allowed -clean car according to manufacturers recommendations is the bottom line. Lifetime surface guarantee. I plan to have the car a long time, so figure it's a better bet than some other insurances I pay much more for. Can't really tell how much it improved the paint, but it does clean up easy and I plan to take care of it and stay out of automatic washes

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
53 Posts
interesting. in thailand if you buy the top model which is SP, it comes with protective paint or likewise and also something for the rain and water too. When it rains or when you wash the car paint just let the water go so easy..

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan SE (6-MT)
19 Posts
Never accept or pay for any added vehicle option that cannot be added on the automaker's main OEM website as an option/accessory while building a vehicle package there. Dealership extras are just a way to scam/overcharge you & enhance their bottom line, while almost always delivering a mediocre/poor product (tinted windows, paint/fabric protection, extended warranties, etc.).

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD Turbo - Build 3/21
6 Posts
Hi,
Is anyone else regretting getting paint protection after purchasing their new Mazda.
After reading through the warranty it's pretty clear I've been scammed out of nearly 3 grand.

The way it's worded it looks like I can't even take it to a car wash place that isn't using their specific brand of (pH neutral) products.
Well of course, a very high PH is not good for the paint or trim. Too late now obviously but never get protection services from the dealer, complete rip off. You probably shouldn't take your car to those high PH car washes. Get some good ph neutral car soap, couple buckets and quality wash mitt.

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 2.5
5 Posts
Unfortunately its one of those you put down to experience, along with many of the insurance products suddenly available when you complete/pickup keys.

Salesmen vanish once you drive off - so either futile fighting the mistake, or learn for the next time :/
I bought a scratch insurance product myself and its not the first time - mistake - doh.
I use to work in auto sales and the finance manager wasn't happy with me yesterday. But I don't need all that extra stuff, stop trying to add it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts