Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure why you are defending the poor performance of this cars ac. I think my compressor is turning off because something in the software is telling it to as soon as the throttle is applied.
To be clear, I'm not measuring cabin temperature. I used a meat thermometer and the probe is 6" inside one of the vents. I'm measuring air temp from the vent. The cabin temp is much much warmer.

I will say this again, I can sit at idle indefinitely and the air temperature will remain at 52 F + or - 2 degrees. Also at a steady speed the temp remains constant. About 15 seconds after any acceleration the temp rises more than 10 degrees sometimes as much as 14 degrees.

If all Cx 30s are set this way I'm surprised there aren't more complaints about this.
There are a few more complaints in the evaporation problem thread though. It's hot and HUMID in Houston now. Perhaps people in dryer climates have the benefit of evaporate cooling (simply having the air blowing over the skin will have a cooling effect) and the rise in temp is not as noticeable. We don't have that advantage in Houston. Perhaps it's just my car and a few others?
There are lots of complaints now, I just had a fight with Mazda, and Mazda now own the CX-30 I bought, I drove the 2021 and 2020's all have terrible AC, I went down to 2019 Mazda 3, its better, but not good, all though that is now doing the same, its in the shop, after 250 miles from new, it started blowing warm air all the time from the passenger side of the car, and the AC turns off too soon now too, I don't know how you can drive a car under 50% throttle and accelerate at the same time, going home from work, its up hill, stop go traffic, I have no AC going home, its time to get class action law suite going against them.

I work in law enforcement as a department Mechanic, I know of, no cars, that turn of the AC under anything less than, wide open throttle, I will be fighting Mazda and going back to Kia, don't bow down, fight them, I have hypertension, and must watch my body temperiture, and my best friend as A.M.L cancer, and she must keep her temp down too, a good Attorney will jump all over that, not fit for purpose, not a safe car for heath reasons.

Mazda says there is a software fix coming out around October/November 2020. I will wait until the end of this month, then go for a legal buy back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There are lots of complaints now, I just had a fight with Mazda, and Mazda now own the CX-30 I bought, I drove the 2021 and 2020's all have terrible AC, I went down to 2019 Mazda 3, its better, but not good, all though that is now doing the same, its in the shop, after 250 miles from new, it started blowing warm air all the time from the passenger side of the car, and the AC turns off too soon now too, I don't know how you can drive a car under 50% throttle and accelerate at the same time, going home from work, its up hill, stop go traffic, I have no AC going home, its time to get class action law suite going against them.

I work in law enforcement as a department Mechanic, I know of, no cars, that turn of the AC under anything less than, wide open throttle, I will be fighting Mazda and going back to Kia, don't bow down, fight them, I have hypertension, and must watch my body temperiture, and my best friend as A.M.L cancer, and she must keep her temp down too, a good Attorney will jump all over that, not fit for purpose, not a safe car for heath reasons.

Mazda says there is a software fix coming out around October/November 2020. I will wait until the end of this month, then go for a legal buy back.
Yea this is the exact same problem I had with my 3. It blows hot air and actually it was worse in winter(like a sauna even at lowest temp) Just had software update done and it did indeed fix it. Surprising the cx30 didn't come from the factory with this update...

Repair notes stated an "internal failure"

I guess depending on where you live it could be hotter then where I am though in Canada.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perhaps a silly addition, but there's a setting somewhere where you can connect seat heating to temperature setting and it causes some of the issues described here. It's the first thing I disabled on mine and I've driven in quite the hot weather and the AC was actually pretty capable.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
403 Posts
Perhaps a silly addition, but there's a setting somewhere where you can connect seat heating to temperature setting and it causes some of the issues described here. It's the first thing I disabled on mine and I've driven in quite the hot weather and the AC was actually pretty capable.
See I have the climate control heated seat and heated steering wheel setting turned on and the AC in the summer was great. Guess I'm lucky or something I dont know what to say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
See I have the climate control heated seat and heated steering wheel setting turned on and the AC in the summer was great. Guess I'm lucky or something I dont know what to say.
It's not about them being enabled, it's about the feature Link Seat & Climate Control Temperatures being enabled in the settings.

Auto mode
The heated steering wheel can be operated in auto mode using the following procedure.
  1. If “Link Seat & Climate Control Temperatures” has been disabled, enable it using the following procedure.
    1. Select “Settings” from the Mazda Connect home screen.
    2. Select “Vehicle Settings”.
    3. Enable “Link Seat & Climate Control Temperatures”.
  2. Press the AUTO switch.
While in auto mode, the heated steering wheel automatically operates/turns off according to the conditions in the cabin.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech (UK, RHD), Skyactiv-X
42 Posts
so it's recommended to disable 'link seat & climate control temperatures' ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
so it's recommended to disable 'link seat & climate control temperatures' ?
It's been known to cause complaints about a weak A/C. If it also causes issues that are somewhat similar to some of the issues described in this thread. Possibly worth a try. I've noticed A/C acting erratically in summer with the feature enabled for me. It might have been fixed by a software update at some point. I haven't tested it yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mazda is not known to have powerful ac in the first place. they use smaller ac compressors there known for looks quality

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's weird because my 19 Mazda 3 blows ice cold air, even when it's extremely hot out
Same experience in a Mazda 2 and cx3. Quite a large Mitsubishi unit in the cx3. Definitely not weak.

CX-30 isn't weak either from what I learned so far. But white interior means it doesn't get that hot in the first place and I haven't had insanely hot days yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same experience in a Mazda 2 and cx3. Quite a large Mitsubishi unit in the cx3. Definitely not weak.

CX-30 isn't weak either from what I learned so far. But white interior means it doesn't get that hot in the first place and I haven't had insanely hot days yet.
Quite honestly I really think the issues people are having are with the software. As I said, before I had the most recent update I had a terribly wacky HVAC system. It wasn't bad in the summer, the AC worked well then. It was more in the fall and winter. It would push unbelievably hot air out the whole time, even when set to the lowest setting. Not normal "heating" but sauna level temperatures, even with the fan set to level 1. As soon as the temp hit around 15 degrees outside, even when the inside of the car was hot from the sun, it would pump the hot air out.

I got the fix a month ago and it's working quite well now. Could be related to the "active air shutter" problem. In the cx30 it may actually be turning the heater on even when it's really hot out hence the lack of cooling for people.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts