Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Mazda CX-30 Preferred
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I’m just in the preferred I don’t get the awesomeness that is the Bose sound system. But, the 8-speaker factory Mazda system, in my opinion, doesn’t leave a whole lot to be desired. The highs aren’t shriekingly high, you can definitely feel the mids and the bass isn’t flubby or weak. I switched it over to driver-focused since 98% of the time I’m the only person in it and it really tightens up and mixes well.

What are you guys thoughts? Any advice to get it better? Anything lackluster you’ve noticed?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,436 Posts
I have the same and it sounds fine to me, you can custom your own equalizer setups and save it.
Azure Font Electric blue Audio equipment Sky

·
Registered
5 Posts
Totally depends on how you like your music. A lot of people seem to think that unless you have enough bass to vibrate the car windows, it's not a good system.

For me, the stock system was a pleasant surprise. The equalizer is very useful. I prefer crisp and clear sound instead of booming bass.

Everyone is different and there is no right or wrong. But the stock system suits me very fine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still haven't messed with the EQ settings yet, may play with it this weekend. Right now I have the bass and treble set to 9 which is how it was out of the lot. I thought the bass at this settings was going to be too boomy but it's balanced out pretty well.

·
Registered
2022, G122 AT Plus, Platinum Quartz
17 Posts
I followed the settings in this forum below, actually now the sound quality became even better. I did not compare them both but the guy says actually the standard system is better than Bose system.

Like mentioned, if you play music from Android Auto, I also experienced an inferior quality (but not that bad). İf you play directly through Bluetooth, it is better.

The link.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
234 Posts
Since I’m just in the preferred I don’t get the awesomeness that is the Bose sound system. But, the 8-speaker factory Mazda system, in my opinion, doesn’t leave a whole lot to be desired. The highs aren’t shriekingly high, you can definitely feel the mids and the bass isn’t flubby or weak. I switched it over to driver-focused since 98% of the time I’m the only person in it and it really tightens up and mixes well.

What are you guys thoughts? Any advice to get it better? Anything lackluster you’ve noticed?
I'm okay with my CX-30 Preferred-Carbon factory/regular sound system quality. I'm always listening to my MP3 music collection while I drive off the USB & no complaints (I'm usually on volume level 20-25, Driver Focused music settings) - especially since the interior CX-30 cabin is pretty quiet/insulated & allows it to shine. I also don't like excessively loud, bass-heavy, thump-thump-thump music, or music that shakes/vibrates the vehicle in general. Whenever I'm near a car on the road at the light or something with that type of ultra-loud, super-booming "music" vibrating their vehicle & bleeding into everyone else's vehicle near them, I just wonder about people. :unsure:

Reactions: jhaupt47

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm okay with my CX-30 Preferred-Carbon factory/regular sound system quality. I'm always listening to my MP3 music collection while I drive off the USB & no complaints (I'm usually on volume level 20-25, Driver Focused music settings) - especially since the interior CX-30 cabin is pretty quiet/insulated & allows it to shine. I also don't like excessively loud, bass-heavy, thump-thump-thump music, or music that shakes/vibrates the vehicle in general. Whenever I'm near a car on the road at the light or something with that type of ultra-loud, super-booming "music" vibrating their vehicle & bleeding into everyone else's vehicle near them, I just wonder about people. :unsure:
That was me in my late teens unfortunately. I was into car audio and had two 12" subwoofers in my trunk that would shake the street. Now that I'm in my late 30s and have tinnitus from blasting music for years. But who thinks of that when they are young and naive? We were all bulletproof at that age. Then we all pay for it later on :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
A lot of people seem to think that unless you have enough bass to vibrate the car windows, it's not a good system.
Everyone is different and there is no right or wrong.
A lot of clueless people want massive audio distortion while being impressed only with outrageous volume because they have no idea what “audio fidelity” is.

There IS objective right and wrong to audio. Distorted audio riddled with harmonic distortions and environmental resonances (like rattling body panels) is wrong no matter how much an ignorant individual is proud of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BOSE = "Better sound through marketing." :)
That said.... I'm coming out of a 'premium' sound system in my last car (complete with sub) and I'm honestly pretty surprised at how well I like the non-BOSE system in my Preferred. Was considering adding a small sub, but now I don't think I want to bother with giving up the space.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That was me in my late teens unfortunately. I was into car audio and had two 12" subwoofers in my trunk that would shake the street. Now that I'm in my late 30s and have tinnitus from blasting music for years. But who thinks of that when they are young and naive? We were all bulletproof at that age. Then we all pay for it later on :p
Simply not true. Lots of young people have it together. Before I was twenty, I was a married homeowner and had my father and younger brother living in my house. Both of my young sons today have very good judgement, better than mine sometimes. That tired “boys will be boys” line is just an excuse for lousy judgement and bad behavior (usually from the parents too). Not all young men lack intelligence, discretion, and good taste. It doesn’t make sense to normalize the delinquent while dismissing those making a big effort to be good and successful human beings. Moreover, I didn’t let my own parent’s lack of intelligence, discretion, and taste affect me too much so it’s not just circumstance - it’s a choice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
For what it’s worth, I had a 9-speaker factory Bose audio system in my 2016 Mazda 3 (pictured) which always seemed underwhelming. Even after installing an elaborate three-layer sound insulation system (constraining layer, decoupler, and barrier layer) to quiet the car, the audio still wasn’t great. The 12-speaker Bose audio system in my 2022 is impressive (to me) but I haven’t compared it against the non-Bose alternative in the CX-30’s lower trims.

Car Vehicle White Hood Light

The entire floor pan was covered in 80-mil Kilmat as a “Constraining Layer Dampener”. Then the front half is shown with 1/8-inch neoprene rubber as a “Decoupler” and on top of that is a 1/8-inch Mass-Loaded Vinyl (1-lb/sqft) as a sound barrier. The goal was to cover the entire floor pan with all three layers to reduce road noise.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just wanted litle addition to the lower frequencies, not a boomy bass volume. Considered subwoofer under driver's seat - no space. Trunk sub was out of question per trunk space.
Installed spare wheel sub. It's volume is set to minimum. Sounds much better, balanced, very happy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I followed the settings in this forum below, actually now the sound quality became even better. I did not compare them both but the guy says actually the standard system is better than Bose system.

Like mentioned, if you play music from Android Auto, I also experienced an inferior quality (but not that bad). İf you play directly through Bluetooth, it is better.

The link.
So I finally got some time to sit and play with the EQ. I did try the settings you linked but I felt like that it was lacking a bit. It didn't sound bad, just ended up being one of those subjective things that didn't quite work out for me. I did find some settings posted on Reddit that sounded really good and just wanted to share them here in case anyone else wants to try.

Tree Font Gas Electric blue Sky

·
Registered
2022, G122 AT Plus, Platinum Quartz
17 Posts
So I finally got some time to sit and play with the EQ. I did try the settings you linked but I felt like that it was lacking a bit. It didn't sound bad, just ended up being one of those subjective things that didn't quite work out for me. I did find some settings posted on Reddit that sounded really good and just wanted to share them here in case anyone else wants to try.

View attachment 5228
Too symmetrical to be true :D just kidding. if it worked for you I am happy. I can try this one day too

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Too symmetrical to be true :D just kidding. if it worked for you I am happy. I can try this one day too
No, you're right. I think the "V" is probably how the basic treble/bass settings are adjusted anyways, kinda in a logarithmic fashion (if that's even the right word, I'm terrible at math). Doing it manually this way brought out more clarity in the highs though which for some reason wasn't attainable in the basic settings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts