Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2022 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD (Polymetal Gray)
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have only had my CX-30 a couple weeks, but so far have purchased these few items to class it up a bit, and/or to make it more livable....

Got these to make the front look "finished" and also add a little protection to the radiator. I purchased the 320mm size which worked perfectly with my US front plate.

Got these to replace the tacky dealer plate frames they put on at delivery.

Got this to make the center console a bit more useful. Can still store stuff below this, and have this upper shelf to keep from having to dive into the deep cavern to find stuff I want to quickly find.

·
Registered
2022 Mazda CX-30 Preferred
43 Posts
I bought those same grill inserts. They look great and for $29 it shouldn't even be a question.

That center console organizer looks really useful, something I'd totally use, thanks for sharing.

As far as what I've bought, well, nothing recently. I'm currently saving to get my wheels powdercoated and may get the OEM sunroof deflector and crossbars but that probably won't be until the weather here cools down.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
270 Posts
My main concerns when I bought my CX-30 Preferred-Carbon was addressing that tacky-looking, exposed lower front grill (now completed) & blacking out enough of the vehicle to make that generically uniform & thick black cladding & rear bumper to look like a more integrated part of the vehicle design, instead of sticking out like a sore thumb (partially completed thus far via some matte-black vinyl work & the Carbon Edition black wheels). I also consider all-weather floormats a must & bought the OEM low-wall ones, but will probably update that to some higher-wall versions soon. Getting the front/rear OEM mud/splash guards was also something I did right off the bat, as well as replacing the mediocre dealer-installed window tint with all premium heat-reflective/rejection film (including inside front windshield & sunroof), & also a high-grade ceramic coating to better seal/protect the paint, clearcoat, plastics, etc.

·
Premium Member
2022 Turbo Premium Plus AWD
25 Posts
In my opinion, the center console tray is very handy and makes console storage more useable. I’m still on the fence about the lower grille, as I’m holding out hope a full lower grille will become available for those of us without a front license plate. My CX-30 also has the active shutters in the lower grille area, so there is some protection already.

Reactions: Trickster

·
Registered
22 CX 30 Turbo GT & 22 3 in Soul Red
240 Posts
In my opinion, the center console tray is very handy and makes console storage more useable. I’m still on the fence about the lower grille, as I’m holding out hope a full lower grille will become available for those of us without a front license plate. My CX-30 also has the active shutters in the lower grille area, so there is some protection already.
As we have no requirement for a front license plate that lower grille won’t work unless you buy two and hack one up to make one larger one. With my fine motor skills it would probably look like crap. Wishing for a one piece to come around, then I am all in. To me and a few others here we can’t understand the reasoning by not completing the look and having it finished from the factory.🤷🏻‍♂️
Today I returned the OEM highwall floor mats for a refund and ordered the Tuxmats like I bought for my wifes 3. Much nicer and I was jealous of hers.🤫
Oh and since I washed hers yesterday, today I had to clean off the bird poop that seems to find all freshly cleaned vehicles.

·
Registered
22 Turbo PP
36 Posts
Just picked up a cx-30 turbo on friday and it already started. Couple things I bought over the weekend.
  • Carbon fiber license plate frame
  • K&N drop in filter
  • Carlinkkit 4.0 wireless bluetooth adapter
  • JB4 with bluetooth

·
Premium Member
2022 Turbo Premium Plus AWD
25 Posts
Boost gauge and intake temperature gauge using my cellphone as a gauge pod.
Light Font Material property Auto part Gas

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got these to replace the tacky dealer plate frames they put on at delivery.
I prefer these (or similar) silicone frames:

Silicone License Plate Frames, 2 Pack $9.99

BTW; You can always shorten your copied Amazon URL’s by deleting the question mark (“?”) and all the tracking information after it.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD Premium Soul Reaper Red
14 Posts
This handy little phone mount came in today!

As well as these storage pocket things for the door handles!

Nice little touches to make the interior feel more comfortable and useable!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just ordered the front-only TUXMAT all-weather high-wall mats for my CX-30. Hopefully they live up to the hype I have read & the pics. I'm using them to replace the low/no-wall OEM all-weather front mats that I already have, which are great except that a lot of dirt/dust/debris builds up on the carpet around them. I'll be keeping the same OEM all-weather mats in the rear, since I never have anything going on back there.

Next up after this is making an appointment for some additional matte-black vinyl wrap work done.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

Reactions: OldFart and imns

·
Registered
2022 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD (Polymetal Gray)
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just ordered the front-only TUXMAT all-weather high-wall mats for my CX-30. Hopefully they live up to the hype I have read & the pics. I'm using them to replace the low/no-wall OEM all-weather front mats that I already have, which are great except that a lot of dirt/dust/debris builds up on the carpet around them. I'll be keeping the same OEM all-weather mats in the rear, since I never have anything going on back there.

Next up after this is making an appointment for some additional matte-black vinyl wrap work done.
Those do look nice. May have to ponder those for the winter.

·
Registered
22 CX 30 Turbo GT & 22 3 in Soul Red
240 Posts
I prefer these (or similar) silicone frames:

Silicone License Plate Frames, 2 Pack $9.99

BTW; You can always shorten your copied Amazon URL’s by deleting the question mark (“?”) and all the tracking information after it.
Damn you Motorazr, stop showing me stuff I think I need…..lol.
Never heard of a silicone plate frame, now I am off to Amazon to try these out. Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
While I was ordering my TUXMAT all-weather mats today, I decided to splurge a bit more & also ordered the items below for my CX-30 from various places.

Covercraft UVS100 Blue-Metallic sunscreen (also comes in Silver-Metallic & other versions). I had these for my last 2 Toyota vehicles & they fit perfectly (they are all made specifically for each make/model for exact windshield fit). The blue-metallic one will look nice with the Carbon Edition.
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior

RGM custom-molded ABS rear bumper protector (pic looks like it is molded to go right up to where hatch lid closes & up under it). Designed & manufactured in the U.K. (where it ships from).
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

1 - 20 of 80 Posts