Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
270 Posts
Finally made the appointment for 8/26/22 with my regular wrap shop to blackout the remaining parts of the vehicle that I decided will complete the look of my "brooding" CX-30 Carbon Edition for me. Going to black vinyl wrap the silver roof rails & the roof area between them back to where the rear black spoiler starts, and also the center raised portion of the front hood along the body line all the way down to the front grill area. My biggest gripe with the CX-30 has always been how the thick black plastic cladding & bumper doesn't look quite right with the rest of the vehicle (sticks out like a sore thumb IMO), & blacking out wheels, trim & certain painted areas is the way that the vehicle styling comes together better as a whole with that cladding (at least in my eyes). Will be money well-spent to get things where I want them with my CX-30.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 Skyactiv-X180 GT Plus; FWD
6 Posts
Hello, installed sill covers and looks exactly as below; haven`t bothered to remove that shiny foil at all; it fits to my Deep Blue outfit :)
Just had to move it a bit under the black rubber, like 3 mm.
and also key cover, door lock protection (dark), and blue version of armrst storage; (all from ali)
- pending for " Floating center cap ring with LED - blue"

Automotive parking light Car Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Glasses Product Camera Camera lens Camera accessory

Peripheral Input device Automotive lighting Automotive design Office supplies

Output device Product Automotive lighting Automotive tire Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello, installed sill covers and looks exactly as below; haven`t bothered to remove that shiny foil at all; it fits to my Deep Blue outfit :)
Just had to move it a bit under the black rubber, like 3 mm.
and also key cover, door lock protection (dark), and blue version of armrst storage; (all from ali)
- pending for " Floating center cap ring with LED - blue"
Any pics of the sill covers installed?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Got a link please? Search didn't find anything easily. Thanks

It takes 4-6 weeks for it to ship out from the U.K. (I'm assuming that they are made-to-order in batches), so it will be at least later next month before mine ever arrives. Reminds me of the old mail-order days. :p

Reactions: GeoJoe

·
Premium Member
2022 Turbo Premium Plus AWD
25 Posts
Reactions: OldFart and SDH

·
Registered
2022 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD (Polymetal Gray)
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Registered
270 Posts
I finished blacking-out (via vinyl wrap) some additional parts of my carbon-edition 2022 CX-30, so that thick black plastic cladding/bumper finally fits properly into the design/look of the vehicle. I ended up redoing the front grill trim in black satin vinyl (instead of matte), and doing both the roof rails & the entire roof area between the two rails all the way back to where the black rear spoiler begins. On a whim, I also blacked-out the raised portion of the front hood along the body line all the way down to the upper front grill in the same black satin automotive vinyl. Definitely has a more distinctive, flowing, & sporty/rally look to it now. I'll add some pics when I get the chance, when we have a cloudy/overcast day & the bright sun out here isn't drowning out picture quality/nuance. I'm happy with the results.

Reactions: Trickster

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
12 Posts
The Original California Car Duster for my 2022 Deep Crystal Blue Mica Turbo Premium Plus! I keep my CX-30 super clean, but there are times when it doesn't need to be washed and just needs to be dusted off. This duster has been around for a long time, works great, won't scratch your paint/clearcoat and is affordable! Just read the directions and you are good to go!
Liquid Fluid Bookmark Electric blue Drink
Wheel Car Tire Plant Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille
Event Wood Grass Slope Water

·
Registered
270 Posts
First pics with all the added satin black vinyl accents (with sun too bright for good, nuanced pics, as usual). The entire roof & roof rails also being all black is still pretty low-key, but the "rally car" hood black accent is an eye-full. It definitely drowns out & downplays that thick, uniform CX-30 cladding though. :p The great thing about a vinyl wrap is that I can pretty easily remove it if I change my mind at some point.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
22 CX 30 Turbo GT & 22 3 in Soul Red
240 Posts
Nicely done. Did you do that yourself?
I like that look, and want to add my opinion on another addition.
As I look at it what do you think about doing the lower front valance in black? Say from the signals down?
I think that would blend with the sides.
Just something that caught my eye when I was looking at the first pic.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2022 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD (Polymetal Gray)
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
View attachment 5316
View attachment 5317
Redline Tuning gas strut hood QuickLIFT. It took less than 10 minutes to install and no more hood-prop rod. Redline offers two different kits, this one is the more expensive of the two (21-26014-03). Redline Tuning is in the business to provide our Hood QuickLIFT Systems (gas springs, struts, dampers, lifters) for all vehicles that have an OEM prop rod.
Just installed mine today. Quick and easy install. 10 mins. Works great. I too purchased the more expensive version…. figured they would perhaps last longer (it’s a heavy hood after all). Easy access to engine area with no prop pole restricting movement.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Racing Bees Strut Tower Brace for the CX-30. The quality is outstanding and with a noticeable improvement in hard corner handling.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 CX 30 Turbo GT & 22 3 in Soul Red
240 Posts
Racing Bees Strut Tower Brace for the CX-30. The quality is outstanding and with a noticeable improvement in hard corner handling.

Interesting and a decent price but they get you on the shipping side.
$150 for the brace and with taxes and shipping it jumps to $280.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Interesting and a decent price but they get you on the shipping side.
$150 for the brace and with taxes and shipping it jumps to $280.
$117 for the bar and $67 shipping to Phoenix, Arizona, so was right on par with other strut power braces.

·
Registered
2022 Mazda Cx30 Premium Jet Black Mica
14 Posts
I turn my Cx 30 in tomorrow. Getting the head and tail lights blacked out and the rims done in matte black. After this I'll get all terrain tires. The job will take 2 days I can't wait to get it back Saturday. I'll miss her while she's gone. But I got a Ol lady the Mazda 626 I can drive.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts