Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2020 luxury edition
6 Posts
No I don’t think so
Because I didn’t love the side’s. The sides where to big for mine opinion.
But I don’t have a problem with the front and back.
My opinion is that you may stil see that it is a cx30 not a 3.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Cx30 GT AWD
16 Posts
Finally did this. Damn those pesky rocks. Currently hold on by zip ties and Canadian magic. Hopefully I can install noco plug with the relocation kit

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Cx30 GT AWD
16 Posts

Well added noco plug on a license plate relocation kit. Work pretty well. I may redo the wiring a bit down the road

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
283 Posts

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
View attachment 1148
Well added noco plug on a license plate relocation kit. Work pretty well. I may redo the wiring a bit down the road View attachment 1149
I opted for no block heater on mine cus it's a lease and figured why pay the 200 Bux for somebody else to enjoy.. do far the temps have been as low as -35 and I work nights so no where to plug it in anyway.. seems to start pretty good in the mornings when I'm Going home. Heats up pretty quickly to.i guess this video is correct 😜

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Cx30 GT AWD
16 Posts
I opted for no block heater on mine cus it's a lease and figured why pay the 200 Bux for somebody else to enjoy.. do far the temps have been as low as -35 and I work nights so no where to plug it in anyway.. seems to start pretty good in the mornings when I'm Going home. Heats up pretty quickly to.i guess this video is correct 😜
Yeah. I don't like sitting in a cold car as I wait to warm up. #firstworldproblems

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah. I don't like sitting in a cold car as I wait to warm up. #firstworldproblems
when its -35 out and I am getting in it to leave work from a night shift in the morning.. I literally warm it up for no more then 5 min just to clear the windshield off and the heated seat and steering wheel work very nicely and as i drive it heats up pretty quickly.. actually its the first vehicle that I have had that the engine heats up so fast. The nissan i had took for ever.. it was horrible and it even came with a factory remote start that i used and it still didnt help lol.

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
62 Posts
Block heaters in our province are mandatory...all dealers req’d to install them prior to delivery. I think $200+ is a small price to help engine maintain block and oil viscosity in minus 20deg temps or colder outside esp when sitting for 8-12hrs...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Block heaters in our province are mandatory...all dealers req’d to install them prior to delivery. I think $200+ is a small price to help engine maintain block and oil viscosity in minus 20deg temps or colder outside esp when sitting for 8-12hrs...
I agree yes it has its benefits.. It dose on the other hand only warm the engine coolant as to install one they simply splice into the coolant hose closest to the water pump and has no influence on directly warming the engine oil and so quicker engine warmup by warming the coolant up is a nice as less fuel will be used and a quicker cabin warmup. The oil viscosity is whats important and 0w20 is the standard now which has a cold cranking designed for as between -35 to -40 below zero C . What province are you in as I find it interesting its mandatory as its not a safety issue and I agree with the law in Quebec with winter tires.. I am in Northern Ontario and -35 and colder below zero is not uncommon and in my case unless I am keeping the vehicle past the lease a block heater is just giving used car buyer a freebie and throwing money away into something i cant keep after three years is up. Winter tires and OEM rubber floor mats about the only extra things that i got as i can take those out and put them into the turbo cx 30 when I upgrade.
PS: I came across this information regarding block heaters in Alberta and they are not mandatory if that is where you are as that is false information and modern vehicles do not require it... see this accredited web page Automobile Protection Association if you read the page it talks about block heaters.
I have worked in a dealership for mazda funny thing and worked in the service department and I have asked a master Mazda tech about block heaters and his exact words was that block heaters are useless to the vehicles starting ability and its a false sense of security and will only enable quicker cabin warmup but other then that its engine oil type and cold cranking amps on the battery.

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
62 Posts
I agree yes it has its benefits.. It dose on the other hand only warm the engine coolant as to install one they simply splice into the coolant hose closest to the water pump and has no influence on directly warming the engine oil and so quicker engine warmup by warming the coolant up is a nice as less fuel will be used and a quicker cabin warmup. The oil viscosity is whats important and 0w20 is the standard now which has a cold cranking designed for as between -35 to -40 below zero C . What province are you in as I find it interesting its mandatory as its not a safety issue and I agree with the law in Quebec with winter tires.. I am in Northern Ontario and -35 and colder below zero is not uncommon and in my case unless I am keeping the vehicle past the lease a block heater is just giving used car buyer a freebie and throwing money away into something i cant keep after three years is up. Winter tires and OEM rubber floor mats about the only extra things that i got as i can take those out and put them into the turbo cx 30 when I upgrade.
PS: I came across this information regarding block heaters in Alberta and they are not mandatory if that is where you are as that is false information and modern vehicles do not require it... see this accredited web page Automobile Protection Association if you read the page it talks about block heaters.
I have worked in a dealership for mazda funny thing and worked in the service department and I have asked a master Mazda tech about block heaters and his exact words was that block heaters are useless to the vehicles starting ability and its a false sense of security and will only enable quicker cabin warmup but other then that its engine oil type and cold cranking amps on the battery.
My understanding of block heaters at least here in our province (MB) is that they are connected to the engine block to maintain a temp of zero deg Celsius when the ext temp is minus 18 when plugged in. I am not saying that your source is likely wrong but I’m just sceptical with info coming from a dealership located in a province that doesn’t mandate block heaters unlike here in our province. Having AC in vehicles are options here but heaters as part of HVAC are a must. I plug both my vehicles in minus 20deg and below and notice everytime that the cars don’t have difficulty cranking/starting up and that engine temp needle moves up faster vs when not plugged in. Just saying that the block heaters here work...

·
Update your profile with your Vehicle Details
7 Posts
I gotta lol when I hear people - who haven’t used them - say engine heaters don’t work. After living in Alaska for 27 years I can attest that “block” heaters do work. The difference in starting and warm up was and is certainly noticeable by people who pay attention. While I‘ve installed the inline hose heaters, the best I used replaced one of the engine freeze plugs. Those did a better, faster job of heating the engine and is the type normally used today as OEM when a vehicle is ordered with one.

I also lol whenever I hear a “master mechanic” quote. Just because an experienced or certified mechanic says something doesn’t guarantee it’s correct. They repeat urban legends just as much as anyone else does.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
710 Posts
I installed a set of mud-flaps 😄

101 - 120 of 124 Posts