·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
677 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
807 Posts
I replaced the the old fashion hood prop with a pair of gas struts. Sure makes it much easier to open the hood (it is quite a weight), so much so that my wife can now open it on her own 😄

·
Administrator
677 Posts
I filled her up.

Doesn't sound very interesting, but behind me was another 2019 CX-30 in Polymetal Grey.

Both of us congratulated each other on our fine choice of auto. Don't think he got the message about CX30talk.com though. Must think about this - promoting the forum when you meet or chat to another owner.

Reactions: Tommieremix

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred AWD Jet Black Mica/Greige
12 Posts
I idled my CX-30 for five minutes in the driveway. :)

[I had backed the car out of the garage for a few hours so I could work on my motorcycles. Then, when I went to pull the CX-30 back into the garage, I got the 'Low Battery Warning', so I let her idle for a bit.....and, yes, I've been reading the related threads on this issue.]

Reactions: savcom

·
Administrator
677 Posts
Took elderly parents on a tour of parts of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire. In the rain. Indeed, in the pouring rain. :rolleyes:🌧🌧🌧

Reactions: Tommieremix

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium AWD
14 Posts
I replaced the the old fashion hood prop with a pair of gas struts. Sure makes it much easier to open the hood (it is quite a weight), so much so that my wife can now open it on her own 😄

View attachment 2269
Can you still use the prop rod once the struts are installed? I ask in case you wanted to keep the hood open for extended periods (charging battery) and to relieve the stress on the struts (longer life).
Are these the ones from RedLine that others have mentioned? Thanks

141 - 160 of 162 Posts