Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

What Have You Done To Your CX-30 Today?

103K views 368 replies 88 participants last post by  Unsuperuser1 
#1 ·
For me today, not much. Transferred our license plates to the 30 and drove it to the local polling location.

#332 ·
Over the last few days I cleaned and detailed the car, changed the oil, installed new wipers, installed new brake pads, and replaced the battery. Quite a while back I bought one of the black covers for the chrome grill surround. I temp installed it to see what I/we think of it, if it is a permanent go, I will paint it body color (the car is black).

#336 ·
I drew a sad face in the noticeable desert dust buildup on my back window.

#342 · (Edited)
I had my 18-month (3rd) oil change done at dealership today (but only 4800 total miles on odometer currently :p) . The first 2-years (5K/6M) oil change, tire rotation & inspection were included by dealership when I purchased my CX-30.

The 5K/6M oil change rule seems sort of whack in my case, since that means an oil change every 1600-1700 miles. I'm wondering if a 12M cycle might work just as well in my particular case. When I do drive at least twice per week, i drive long/far enough for engine to reach normal operating temps for a sustained period to burn away any accumulated moisture that may be present (which also degrades oil over time just like high mileage driving).

#355 ·
Kinda reminds me of my Mom. My first car was a '67 GTO. I put a set of Cragar mags on it. She saw them and asked "Why did you put those wheels on your car?" I rolled my eyes and said "Because it's MY CAR!" I woke up 33 hours later in the hospital. Doctor said that it was the worse case "You forgot who's in charge syndrome" he ever saw.

#359 ·
No. Kit didn't include that. Now I don't know when I'll install them. Kinda liking just removing the emblems and going with the old "shaved" look.

#365 · (Edited)
Just finished a lame Mazda survey where they asked about how important all sorts of new tech/features would be to me on my next vehicle purchase. I basically answered almost every one of them as DO NOT WANT or DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. The future of new vehicle ownership is looking more grim (IMO) than ever if these things are the new priority tech/features of the future that will be forced onto us by automakers for extra $$$. It would have been nice if they asked about a factory-integrated dash-cam system or something that actually does interests me. Guess I'm outside of mainstream demographic tastes, or at least their perception of it.

Reactions: Mymazdaroti2023
#366 · (Edited)
Just finished a lame Mazda survey where they asked about how important all sorts of new tech/features would be to me on my next vehicle purchase. I basically answered almost every one of them as DO NOT WANT or DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. The future of new vehicle ownership is looking more grim (IMO) that our current tech-bloat idiocy if these things are the new priority tech/features of the future that will be forced onto us by automakers for extra $$$. It would have been nice if they asked about a factory-integrated dash-cam system or something that does actually interest me. Guess I'm outside of mainstream demographic tastes, or at least their perception of it.
Well you have made your position on tech bloat clear many times, and although I enjoy some, I do agree it’s getting to be a bit much for me too.
We must be from a generation before all this was required to safely operate vehicles.
It just seems driver skills are being replaced more and more by AI so operators have more time to text and be lazy.
I prefer to be more engaged and not rely on a bot.