Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all

I see from the owners guide that 95ron petrol (the UK's default unleaded for non UK members) is listed as fine.

Those of us with the X engine are you using normal UK fuel or super unleaded (97+ ron)

Thanks

Ed

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech X, Auto,2wd
5 Posts
Morning.
I use 95 (X with auto). No issues (yet) that can be attributed to fuelling with 95.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks, I think the advice is basically being communicated for countries where < 95 is the standard ti ensure premium is used but it's a little confusing in the uk as our low grade is already higher o_O

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
37 Posts
We have the G but the more important question for me (in terms of quality and engine performance / wear) is where I buy my 95RON fuel? I have only ever bought premium fuel such as Shell or Esso, etc. and definitely not the stuff from the big 4 supermarkets. Too many bad stories of cars running just cheap supermarket fuel. Not all fuel is equal despite it probably all coming on the same tanker from the Middle East. It’s a case of refinement when it arrives in the U.K. In the past I’ve used Shell V Power Nitro + (99) on my tuned / sporty Japanese cars and you can feel the difference but if we had the X engined CX-30 I’d stick with 95 but only buy premium fuel. But each their own...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, yes I used to use Shell when I had my V6 main issue is the vanishing of stations, Shell closed down all the franchises around me bar about two who have eye wateringly high prices (not compared to Supermarkets - just generally). I think at one point the average fuel price was about £1.20l for 95 Ron and Shell had it at £1.40+

There is an Esso up from me which I may investigate but, again, they're rural size so are not cheap.

Otherwise its supermarkets with the only one I tend to trust being the Sainsburys one.

Ed

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
40 Posts
As in all world, fuel is to be purchased from premium vendors. Even those are not equal. Small stations usually are careless, some are franchises, and fuel bought from there does not have same quality as in larger stations.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, its a sad fact all the independents near me are 1 to 4 pump affairs with more space assigned to the shop than to pumps!

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
334 Posts
We have the G engine and use BP..no issues..got 57mpg on a drive this week.. all B roads.. now averaging 42mpg plus mixed driving..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well bp was shut so Sainsbury's super unleaded went in. All trips reset let's see how she does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts