Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use WhatsApp on Android Auto?
It's listed as an AA app, I already have it installed, but it doesn't seem to be available to add to the custom list of apps on the screen.
Suspect it may be an issue with UK regs

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
Does anyone use WhatsApp on Android Auto?
It's listed as an AA app, I already have it installed, but it doesn't seem to be available to add to the custom list of apps on the screen.
Suspect it may be an issue with UK regs
ive used it a few times, its not an app icon, if a msg appears it leaves a red dot in the notification screen on the right, can be read and replied to using google

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
It's supposed to be able to read out the messages, but I can't make it do that. Does anyone know how?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
It's supposed to be able to read out the messages, but I can't make it do that. Does anyone know how?
I think I've sorted it.
  • You need to set up Google Assistant to respond to 'Hey Google' within Android Auto and
  • You then ask Google to either 'Send' a message or to 'Read my messages':
    • After Android Auto has notified receipt of your message, simply say: "Hey Google, Read my messages." They will then be read aloud by your assistant.
    • To send a WhatsApp message, say: "Hey Google, send a Whatsapp message to ..." . Wait a second or two, then dictate your message. When you're done, just stop talking. Whatsapp will logically repeat your message, so you can say " send", "edit", or "cancel ".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts