Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Turbo Premium Plus (On Order)
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my CX-30 arriving in about two weeks, I've been trying to finish up my list of mods I'd like to do to it. (This includes a 3D model of the CX30 I've been experimenting on 😈).

One of my considerations is extending the wheels out a little bit, perhaps ~1/2 inch beyond flush with the wheel wells themselves. That said, I don't have much experience in this particular area, and so don't know what to consider or look for.

Does anyone here have any insight to share? Best practices, good products, specs, warnings, or the like? Would this void warranty? Is it a dumb idea?

Any and all feedback is welcome 😁

·
Registered
Mazda Cx30 2021 2.0 e-skyactive 122hp
25 Posts
Hello,

Show us the 3d model you have.
I want to see this.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium Plus
5 Posts
Black roof and chrome blackout are fantastic. I would do those mods on mine in a heartbeat. Maybe just getting wider wheels and tires instead of pushing the extant wheels out?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black roof and chrome blackout are fantastic. I would do those mods on mine in a heartbeat. Maybe just getting wider wheels and tires instead of pushing the extant wheels out?
I might do something like that. It seems that extending the wheels out, even a little bit like 15mm, has an impact on how large your wheels can be without rubbing on full lock.

I would have assumed the opposite, that the extra space would create more clearance instead of less. So maybe the answer is wider tires and a slight lower offset instead of actual spacers.

·
Registered
Turbo Ordered 18+ Weeks
72 Posts
I might do something like that. It seems that extending the wheels out, even a little bit like 15mm, has an impact on how large your wheels can be without rubbing on full lock.

I would have assumed the opposite, that the extra space would create more clearance instead of less. So maybe the answer is wider tires and a slight lower offset instead of actual spacers.
If you haven't already, check the offset chart I added to the wheel/tire thread. Going outside the cladding is considered poke fitment and in my opinion is a poor aesthetic fit on cars and crossovers like the CX-30, but style is subjective, do you. Besides aesthetics, certain states laws don't allow poke, whether it's enforced is another story.

I had 2" spacers on my Wrangler. The bolts were consistently breaking, which is common, and unsafe. The other downside of having your tires poke outside the cladding is the body will get significantly more dirt and spray splatter.

Flush is the most aesthetically appealing in my opinion but it might not be ideal for the cx-30...to balance the cladding and fill the gap with maximum tire size.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are good points. I certainly don't want to risk snapping bolts, and now that I know extending the wheels out actually reduces how large you can make your tires, that even more of s reason to strike it off of the list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts