Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium (US)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a cx-30 premium with the silver side roof rails, and a pile of Thule stuff including the aero crossbars from my Mazda3 that I was planning to put on this. Come to find out Thule hasn't made feet/mounts for this car with rails yet.

Does anyone have a lead on when these will be available? It's been almost a year, I'm guessing due to covid, but still that seems like a long time. 🤦

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Astina, Machine Grey, Vinylwrap Blackouts
12 Posts
From what I've found with Whispbar, later 3 parts with fit CX-30.
ie, both use the same K765 Fitting Kit .

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium (US)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've found with Whispbar, later 3 parts with fit CX-30.
ie, both use the same K765 Fitting Kit .
I don't think the Mazda3 had a roof rails option? I'm not looking to use the clamps I used on my Mazda 3, the cx30 I have has roof side rails instead.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda Cx30 GT AWD
13 Posts
Wish mazda added factory installed roof rack rails but noooo. 70 bucks for each side rail molding if you want to use a roof rack system

I got a thule whispbar and just need the thule podiums and oem rails thingie

Roof Rack: DFR5-V3-840A
Roof Moulding (Right): DFY5-50-9H0
Roof Moulding (Left): DFY5-50-9L0

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium (US)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I am waiting for them to release the fit kit for mounting directly to the silver side rails.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a cx-30 premium with the silver side roof rails, and a pile of Thule stuff including the aero crossbars from my Mazda3 that I was planning to put on this. Come to find out Thule hasn't made feet/mounts for this car with rails yet.

Does anyone have a lead on when these will be available? It's been almost a year, I'm guessing due to covid, but still, that seems like a long time. 🤦
I'm like you. I have Thule rook racks and kayak racks from my previous car and was hoping to just get new rook mounts but no joy. Thule doesn't have them and doesn't know when they might (I called customer service)
I gave up and bought a new set of Yakama mounts and rails. Even this was a struggle as I had to order mounts, attachment clips, and rails from three different sources. They go on relatively easily but not as easily as the Thule. Yakama is a pricey brand and I would say overpriced for what it is.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium (US)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that sucks. I don't really want to change over everything and I like the Thule system. I'm wondering if another fit kit happens to fit the cx30. I have no idea how to go about finding that out though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts