Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got possession of my new CX-30 GT (in Canada) the other day. Beautiful car, can't rave about it enough. However, as I was making a 200km drive to see family for the week, I started hearing a high pitched whining noise coming from the engine area... As I kept driving, I noticed the sound was in tune with the transmission... Meaning, the pitch was proportional to the acceleration and shifting... And disappeared once I rev'd on Park or Neutral...

After researching online, many other Mazda3s and CX-5s in the past have had this issue... There's even a technical service bulletin (TSB) describing it exactly:

This Mazda3 owner describes the issue correctly also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda3/comments/dfh2j3
For a brand new car to have this problem pretty much right off the lot (I'm at less than 400km/250miles) is massively disappointing and concerning to say the least. And yes, I did test the car before purchasing it, but did not hear anything. The noise actually starts after driving for a few minutes, and you need complete silence in the cabin. Once you do hear it, you can't "unhear" it anymore.

At least the chief mechanic at the dealer acknowledged the issue after he test drove it. But since there are no recalls nor TSBs for the CX-30, he's gonna have to talk to Mazda Canada, and see if they're willing to approve a fix. So, to be continued. A brand new car, unbelievable...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got possession of my new CX-30 GT (in Canada) the other day. Beautiful car, can't rave about it enough. However, as I was making a 200km drive to see family for the week, I started hearing a high pitched whining noise coming from the engine area... As I kept driving, I noticed the sound was in tune with the transmission... Meaning, the pitch was proportional to the acceleration and shifting... And disappeared once I rev'd on Park or Neutral...

After researching online, many other Mazda3s and CX-5s in the past have had this issue... There's even a technical service bulletin (TSB) describing it exactly:

This Mazda3 owner describes the issue correctly also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda3/comments/dfh2j3
For a brand new car to have this problem pretty much right off the lot (I'm at less than 400km/250miles) is massively disappointing and concerning to say the least. And yes, I did test the car before purchasing it, but did not hear anything. The noise actually starts after driving for a few minutes, and you need complete silence in the cabin. Once you do hear it, you can't "unhear" it anymore.

At least the chief mechanic at the dealer acknowledged the issue after he test drove it. But since there are no recalls nor TSBs for the CX-30, he's gonna have to talk to Mazda Canada, and see if they're willing to approve a fix. So, to be continued. A brand new car, unbelievable...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts