Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I hate the place where they put the USB port into the center console. Be carefull, because all those ports have power on it even with the car locked :(

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
90 Posts
There is only one because it is for Android auto/Apple Carplay. Plus a nice area to keep your phone there.

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
Possibly also to do with some markets (including the UK) getting a cd or dvd slot loader next to that front usb socket - mine has one which looks nice but I haven't used in fact I'm not sure if it's a cd or dvd Japan have a dvd I believe. I know that's likely going away in future revisions so I'd expect it to change to a couple of USB c sockets with a full size usb in the armrest or some combination.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi. I have got an accessorie that fits into the cigarette lighter that provides 2 x usb ports, however, when I plugged it in it didnt seem to acknowledge a usb plugged into it. Anyone know how to make this work?

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Un fact, this will provide power but not an AppleCar play connection. Only the original USB ports do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Un fact, this will provide power but not an AppleCar play connection. Only the original USB ports do.
Thanks, but I dont have Apple. In fact I dont have my music on my phone at all. That's why I wanted to increase the number of USB ports, as that's where all my music is stored. 😁

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, but I dont have Apple. In fact I dont have my music on my phone at all. That's why I wanted to increase the number of USB ports, as that's where all my music is stored. 😁
If your music is on MP3, just load it on an USB key and use one of the 2 Mazda ports.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
409 Posts
Hi. I have got an accessorie that fits into the cigarette lighter that provides 2 x usb ports, however, when I plugged it in it didnt seem to acknowledge a usb plugged into it. Anyone know how to make this work?
when you do that that it is only for charging purposes only of any USB connected item, like a phone it's a 12V power output port only.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Excuse my english, I’m french Canadian 😎
Your English is much better than my French 😁

I have my music on USB, would just like to be able to change between sticks, without having to remove & switch the actual sticks themselves. The 1 inside the centre console isnt exactly easy to get to, especially not in journey 😊

·
Registered
15 Posts
when you do that that it is only for charging purposes only of any USB connected item, like a phone it's a 12V power output port only.
So I could plug my charger lead into 1 of the cigarette lighter USB ports, leaving the in console USB port free? As I currently have my lead plugged into the in console USB leaving only the dash one for music. TIA

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
409 Posts

I have my music on USB, would just like to be able to change between sticks, without having to remove & switch the actual sticks themselves. The 1 inside the centre console isnt exactly easy to get to, especially not in journey 😊
you can switch between the two USB ports via your Entertainment display selection, so if you have small capacity USB flash drives then just plug them into both ports before you start your journey, or just get a larger capacity flash drive for either one of the ports.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

This is absolutely correct, the center console is about the only storage place in this car, it makes no sense to have ports inside and definitely not the phone charger on the GT.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
10 Posts
The two built-in USB ports should be prioritized for data connection to the infotainment. If your accessorize/phone only needs power, it makes more sense to plug it into the 12V port, freeing up the data ports.

I have a small music USB drive in the dash, a USB cable that I plug my iPhone into for Car Play in the center console(the cable is channeled through the front the center console for easy access to plug in my phone), and use an adapter with extra USB ports for passengers and/or other accessories plugged into the 12V port.

FYI, there are tiny flash drives that are up to 512GB in size which aren't that expensive. No need to switch USB sticks in the middle of a drive and it won't get in the way of anything else.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Be careful because all those ports have power even with the doors locked.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
42 Posts
This may be different for NA models, but on the German forum different people have found the USB ports go to sleep after 10-30 minutes. As I have written in the flat battery topic, the iphone I left plugged in by accident had also stopped charging.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This may be different for NA models, but on the German forum different people have found the USB ports go to sleep after 10-30 minutes. As I have written in the flat battery topic, the iphone I left plugged in by accident had also stopped charging.
Thanks, I will ask Mazda about it.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As you can see on the pictures, I have added 2 more ports in the front. Those are plugged in the 12v.
The bleue del is always ON

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts