Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX30 2.5 Skyactive G
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend we were driving a couple of blocks form the house when the windshield suddenly cracked. Nothing hit the glass or similar to a chip. Just a long linear crack of about 10 inches starting mid A pillar on the passenger side. (Also there are no chipping points along the crack)
We are positive there were no rocks involved because we were the only ones in that neighborhood street.
I have heard of certain models flexing in such way that create a "stress fracture" in the glass. Maybe it was a glass defect.
Has anybody experienced something similar?
The dealer is even refusing to inspect the car. Just on the phone they said: no matter what we see, we are going to say NO

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
67 Posts
I had this happen on my 2019 CX3 when it had about 5000km on the clock. It happened when I drove over a bumpy road. Mazda agreed to replace it with a new windshield. The lack of any damage on the glass other than the crack was key. I made the argument that the glass was improperly installed and resulted in residual stresses on/in the glass. Glass is part of the body structure when the adhesive sets. Twisting of the body when travelling over a bumpy road can result in cracking of the glass.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30
10 Posts
The glass itself could have had a defect. The installation could have been perfect. There's a long story of how I found this out from a glass manufacturer but I'll spare you the details.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
67 Posts
Defective glass or defective installation it remains a defect which the car maker should fix under warranty during the warranty period.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30
10 Posts
Defective glass or defective installation it remains a defect which the car maker should fix under warranty during the warranty period.
Let Mazda know. Let them work with the useless dealer. After the issue is resolved, leave appropriate feedback everywhere for the dealer. Mazda sends out monthly reports to dealers on customer feedback. Good dealers post that info in their showrooms.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
574 Posts
Let Mazda know. Let them work with the useless dealer. After the issue is resolved, leave appropriate feedback everywhere for the dealer. Mazda sends out monthly reports to dealers on customer feedback. Good dealers post that info in their showrooms.
^^^^ This
Before the OP goes too far he needs to visit another dealer.
^^^^ And this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts