Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit rare, but a real issue for me when driving. I have something called "ocular migraine"which means I am sensitive to sunglasses with a steep curve. Visual curves trigger vertigo and headaches, and I am having some rather serious issues with my new Mazda CX-30. The drivers seat is so jammed to the left, that there is no center "flat" spot in the windshield. I am having serious vertigo trying to shift all the way to the right, so I don't catch the steep left curve. Due to practically no spacing between the steering wheel and the left window, and the large storage unit between the driver and passenger seat, I can't drive without discomfort. I am only using the car for short trips, and I still am reeling when I get home. I have bought specula migraine designed sunglasses, and have flat Ray Bans, but these don't seem to help. I love the car, just bought it a week ago, and am panicking as to what to do. I can't sell it - but I'm not sure if I can drive it. Any similar issues with vertigo and steep windshield curves, would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
43 Posts
Yikes! Bummer . . . never heard of that problem and can't imagine a workaround. I would think Mazda corporate would like to be aware of it but you're right in that they'd be more responsive if it's an issue for a significant number of drivers. Good luck in your search for a fix and I hope others here might have some good ideas.

·
Registered
100 Posts
... I have something called "ocular migraine"which means I am sensitive to sunglasses with a steep curve. Visual curves trigger vertigo and headaches, and I am having some rather serious issues with my new Mazda CX-30. The drivers seat is so jammed to the left, that there is no center "flat" spot in the windshield. I am having serious vertigo trying to shift all the way to the right, so I don't catch the steep left curve. ....
Sounds like this will be tricky to work around since there's not much you can do about the windshield shape or the lateral seat position. Have you had similar problems with other cars? (ex - when riding in other cars as a passenger, or with your own cars?)

Would tinting the front window help or would that just make it even worse? I've heard some states have exceptions to allow tinting the front windows for people with severe migraines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts