Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Has anyone replaced their OEM windshield wipers with third party wipers? I was thinking Rain-X or Bosch but neither seem to have blades for the CX-30. I’m assuming it’s because of the locking mechanism for the wiper arm. Pretty sure most wipers have adapters though.

I may just go with replacing the rubber blade insert. Might be cheaper and easier.

Anyone with any experience in this or want to recommend a brand?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
268 Posts
I've not had the car long enough to think about new wiper blades so I can't help you directly.

There do seem to be third-party wiper blade suppliers - but I can only find a rear wiper from Bosch, for example.

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 2020, Soul Red
23 Posts
Wondering the same thing. I remember the Michelin Stealth comes with multiple attachment adapters, but I don't know if any would fit the CX-30.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Windshield wiper update. I sacrificed a chunk of money in the name of research. Mazda will try everything to make you spend $50+ (CDN) on buying their wiper replacements. The reason why most other third party wipers won’t work well is because of the “wings” on the CX-30 wipers. (Third party wipers lack the aerodynamics but they will work in a pinch.)

Inserts are an option. Mazda will swear up and down they don’t exist. They do. The codes are BDTS-67-333 for the driver’s side rubber insert and DGH9-67-333 for the short passenger side rubber insert. NOTE: BDTS-67-333 is only $10.50(CDN) but the shorter passenger side is $27.29(CDN). Get two long inserts and just cut one of them shorter for the passenger side and save $17! Mazda way overcharge for wipers especially if you’re supposed to replace them every 6 months!

Make sure that if you do this, don’t cut off the hook end of the rubber blade. It needs to click into the wiper.

Here’s instructions for how to replace the wiper:
Changing the Wipers on your 2019 - 2020 Mazda3 & Mazda3 Sport

Hope this saves people money and frustration!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for the work @Phoenix. Mine has just over 2K miles and already the wipers are lacking. Also ran out of windshield wiper fluid in like a month. Mazda is slacking

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
Windshield wiper update. I sacrificed a chunk of money in the name of research. Mazda will try everything to make you spend $50+ (CDN) on buying their wiper replacements. The reason why most other third party wipers won’t work well is because of the “wings” on the CX-30 wipers. (Third party wipers lack the aerodynamics but they will work in a pinch.)

Inserts are an option. Mazda will swear up and down they don’t exist. They do. The codes are BDTS-67-333 for the driver’s side rubber insert and DGH9-67-333 for the short passenger side rubber insert. NOTE: BDTS-67-333 is only $10.50(CDN) but the shorter passenger side is $27.29(CDN). Get two long inserts and just cut one of them shorter for the passenger side and save $17! Mazda way overcharge for wipers especially if you’re supposed to replace them every 6 months!

Make sure that if you do this, don’t cut off the hook end of the rubber blade. It needs to click into the wiper.

Hope this saves people money and frustration!
thanks for you "sacrifice" to provide us with this info. I like the idea of just a refill replacement instead of the whole head assembly which always seems a waste and then you have to dispose of the old head. Refills use to be common place at one time, now they are extremely hard to find. I have found that quite often my wipers last quite a few years, there is tips on YouTube to show you how to "refresh" you wipers to make them last longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts