Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Are you going to switch to winter tires?

• Yes for sure...

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No definitely not...

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Wait and see...

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us that live in the snow belt, are you planning on swapping the Bridgestones out for winter tires, or are you planning on seeing how these perform first? Reading the reviews on Tire Rack, the Turanzas do not perform the best in ice and snow. I have Michelin X-Ice on my Camry mounted on steel wheels and they seem to work well during the winter months. Just curious at to what peoples thoughts are.....

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD Crystal Blue Mica
37 Posts
I definitely switch every year. Use Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 studded tires which are generally rated the best. Have them on 16" alloy rims from my 2018 Mazda3 Sport.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I always make the switch. You can never be too careful out there. I've also used Michelin X-Ices before and they're pretty solid.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
2 Posts
I was looking at Michelin X-Ice XI3 but Michelin’s own website claims that the X-Ice don’t “fit” the CX-30. Michelin only supports their Defender and Premium all-seasons for the CX-30. Weird.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
20 Posts
My initial intention was to use the OE alloys and a dedicated winter tire. I am now considering leaving the CX-30 sit during snow/ice events and using our CRV which is already set up for the bad weather, at least for a few years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts