Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Are you going to switch to winter tires?

• Yes for sure...

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No definitely not...

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Wait and see...

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
No dealership told me the TPMS sensors are not needed and are only a safety feature to have as Mazda only recommends them for safety only and not for the vehicle functions say AWD .. traction control and other things like that.
I'm surprised they agreed to install the tires without the tpms sensors. Tire stores refused to do that for me on my old car (in US), although I never thought to go back to the dealer for it.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
50 Posts
Interesting that Mazdas come with different tires around the world. Here in Thailand they come shoed with Dunlap SP Sport Maxx. I guess it depends on climate. We only inclement weather we have is rain. The average temperature where I live is 87F.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm surprised they agreed to install the tires without the tpms sensors. Tire stores refused to do that for me on my old car (in US), although I never thought to go back to the dealer for it.
Discount Tire in the US will not install them without sensors.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
325 Posts
I always go to the dealership as they know the vehicle best incase something goes wrong like recently I had the front passenger wheel replaced under warranty for a paint lifting issue ... You take it somewhere else and that happens good luck in getting warranty on that.. 700 something per wheel . Just my two cents and the dealership went by what Mazda has a "recommendation" as to have TPMS sensors only for a advanced safety feature but not required.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
New Michelin X-Ice Snow tires ready to be swapped out 20200926_172539.jpg when the weather calls for them. These were not easy to find. 20200926_172822.jpg

21 - 25 of 25 Posts