Votes: 33 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Yes if things were improved

Votes: 5 11.9%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title say's
Knowing what you know about the cx30 and the fact they were released about 12 months ago.
Would you buy again?

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech (UK, RHD), Skyactiv-X
46 Posts
No. Even though I love the shape and everything about it, I had too many problems:
1) battery problems
2) automatic braking system malfunctioned, a motorbike crashed into my rear when the car decided to brake on an empty road with no cars infront of me
3) disk brakes and brake pads replaced as car vibrates when driving and braking above 60km/hr
4) the paint is absolute crap!

and I’m sure more to come. I paid 34.5k euros (was heavily discounted) in cash. Thoroughly disappointed

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 GS AWD, LP, Soul Red
19 Posts
It's a solid car with a beautiful interior but I gotta say the plastic cladding isn't growing on me anymore than when I first got it. Will probably get a CX5 or Rav4 next.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
545 Posts
hard to say, depends what is available next time I'm ready to trade, but right now I'm extremely pleased with it, can't believe how nice it feels each time I get in and drive it. Still learning things on it and how they function, owned it now for about 4 months, but not put on very much kilometers.
It drives nice, has lots of power, feels very solid (no rattles or squeaks) gets great fuel economy, like the overall looks (no problems with the amount of cladding). A very impressive vehicle and a pleasure to drive, just wish I could do an extensive trip in it - maybe next year.

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
51 Posts
Mine is still less than a month old so I can't talk for any reliability issues. So yes, I would buy again. I don't think anything has been released that is better. I still have a slight buyer's remorse about the KIA Seltos. But so far so good (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would look to see what else is out there at the moment, but the CX30 would definitely be on my short list. I would be happy to buy it again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No. Even though I love the shape and everything about it, I had too many problems:
1) battery problems
2) automatic braking system malfunctioned, a motorbike crashed into my rear when the car decided to brake on an empty road with no cars infront of me
3) disk brakes and brake pads replaced as car vibrates when driving and braking above 60km/hr

and I’m sure more to come. I paid 34.5k euros (was heavily discounted) in cash. Thoroughly disappointed
Where was your car made?

·
Registered
2020 Cx-30 GS
2 Posts
I have mine for 10 months now and I still love it, nothing bad happened after 15k kilometers. Would i buy it again? No, but only because I know that in a couple of years I'll need a bigger vehicle anyway. As of today, this vehicle really fit my needs and is really nice car overall, loves it, no regret buying it in the first place againts the Crosstreck or the Kona (the Seltos wasn't out yet).

·
Registered
49 Posts
1) battery problems

WoW you have truly got a lemon , in Australia we have a lemon law which protects us from what you’re experiencing , our consumer laws are very good, do you have this in your country ? I haven’t experienced any of these problems but car is far from perfect

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 2WD Luxury (2020)
19 Posts
If the quality is the same quality as my Mazda 2, definitely yes. Still its hard to say now, because mine has 250 km now. I like the lines of this car, the interior and his lack of noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Absolutely would purchase again. Tested the CrossTrek, Kona, Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. Was the quietest and had the smoothest ride. Liked my 2016 CX-5 so much was going to buy a second one but now no comparison - CX-30 so much a better driving experience.

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
58 Posts
Yes, definitely would buy it again (for the wife). It’s a good drive, quiet and well built with quality materials. In GT Sport Tech (UK) trim it has all the toys you need. The infotainment UI and screen is excellent, the hifi is fine, the HUD is very good and the adaptive lights are epic. Sorry USA, you’re denied a great bit of tech in the lights.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, definitely would buy it again (for the wife). It’s a good drive, quiet and well built with quality materials. In GT Sport Tech (UK) trim it has all the toys you need. The infotainment UI and screen is excellent, the hifi is fine, the HUD is very good and the adaptive lights are epic. Sorry USA, you’re denied a great bit of tech in the lights.
SkyActive G or X version? Most reports say the G version is more refined and you need to do an extremely high mileage to recoup the extra expenditure on the X option in fuel savings

·
Registered
116 Posts
What? We get adaptive lights, at least on the top model. Is there some extra wizardry in the lights over there? I have no complaints about the adaptive lights on my 3 Premium which are similar to the 30s. Pity is for the poor engine choices you must endure over there.

Then, after accounting for currency differences, you get a base model for about what we pay for the top model. If you do get better lights, you are sure paying for them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I thought adaptive beams were banned in the US. You get the adaptive front lighting system (Mazda speak for up/down/left/right cornering lights) but not the adaptive beams that drive with the full beams most of the time (when away from street lights) but mask other road users.
Yes, we only get the 2.0 litre gasoline engine in either G (mild) or X (spicy) power outputs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
SkyActive G or X version? Most reports say the G version is more refined and you need to do an extremely high mileage to recoup the extra expenditure on the X option in fuel savings
I would have taken the X as the wife's previous Mazda had the stone leather seats but in the end I went for the G in GT Sport Tech trim. Shame you couldn't get the stone leather on the G model. I convinced her to go for the auto too and she'd never go back a manual now. The G is surprisingly quick given its relatively low BHP, maybe the mild hybrid helps here.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
174 Posts
Yes, but with the turbo. ;) My next vehicle will have to have significantly more power.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't buy again. The CX30 is an OK car/SUV but not a great one.
Downsides are the poor internal storage, limited boot size and minimal backseat legroom.
The CX30 is quite rattly and doesn't have the build quality of Mazdas of 5 years ago.
Oh, and the crappy plastic used on the instrument cluster - why oh why Mazda?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts