Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
79 Posts
I may try this for low cost screen protector. Not sure how well it will stick...maybe rub it with cloth to build up static cling
there is also these
Avery | Labels, Cards, Dividers, Office Supplies & More

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
21 Posts
It's actually quite astonishing to recognize Mazda covered the gauge cluster with this very poor quality plastic. I could get better quality from a gum ball machine. In an otherwise superbly crafted cabin, it's a puzzler. I caught a glimpse of mine in the sun today and it's spider webbed already. I have 500 miles on the car and haven't even touched it. I'm going to blast Mazda in their survey for this. Other things I could forgive, but you have to look at that cluster frequently and be reminded that it's crap.

The other thing I'm disappointed in is the sound of the doors when closing. On a 34K car, I shouldn't have to listen to reverberating sounds like something in bouncing around when the driver's side door is closed.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD Turbo
12 Posts
It's actually quite astonishing to recognize Mazda covered the gauge cluster with this very poor quality plastic. I could get better quality from a gum ball machine. In an otherwise superbly crafted cabin, it's a puzzler. I caught a glimpse of mine in the sun today and it's spider webbed already. I have 500 miles on the car and haven't even touched it. I'm going to blast Mazda in their survey for this. Other things I could forgive, but you have to look at that cluster frequently and be reminded that it's crap.

The other thing I'm disappointed in is the sound of the doors when closing. On a 34K car, I shouldn't have to listen to reverberating sounds like something in bouncing around when the driver's side door is closed.
yes, it seems to be a problem with most makes of cars. They could at least use a plastic that's slightly less prone to micro scratches. You should be able to wipe it down gently with a soft cloth but you can't. 80% of the time it looks ok, but as soon as the sun hits that right angle, looks horrible. I made mine worse by trusting youtube videos that you can use various products to remove scratches. Don't believe it!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Because of this thread I've haven't tried to clean my lens cover. But now I've had the car well over a year and there's a bad combination of dust buildup and droplets from overzealous hand sanitizer use ... so it will need to be cleaned eventually. But it sounds like some people are getting scratches no matter how careful they are.

What is the best way to try and clean it? Blow the dust off first, then spray with water and gently use an eyeglass cloth?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS, Machine Grey
12 Posts
Because of this thread I've haven't tried to clean my lens cover. But now I've had the car well over a year and there's a bad combination of dust buildup and droplets from overzealous hand sanitizer use ... so it will need to be cleaned eventually. But it sounds like some people are getting scratches no matter how careful they are.

What is the best way to try and clean it? Blow the dust off first, then spray with water and gently use an eyeglass cloth?
That’s how I would go about it, but very very gently

101 - 106 of 106 Posts