Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
111 Posts
I may try this for low cost screen protector. Not sure how well it will stick...maybe rub it with cloth to build up static cling
there is also these
Avery | Labels, Cards, Dividers, Office Supplies & More

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
168 Posts
It's actually quite astonishing to recognize Mazda covered the gauge cluster with this very poor quality plastic. I could get better quality from a gum ball machine. In an otherwise superbly crafted cabin, it's a puzzler. I caught a glimpse of mine in the sun today and it's spider webbed already. I have 500 miles on the car and haven't even touched it. I'm going to blast Mazda in their survey for this. Other things I could forgive, but you have to look at that cluster frequently and be reminded that it's crap.

The other thing I'm disappointed in is the sound of the doors when closing. On a 34K car, I shouldn't have to listen to reverberating sounds like something in bouncing around when the driver's side door is closed.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD Turbo
13 Posts
It's actually quite astonishing to recognize Mazda covered the gauge cluster with this very poor quality plastic. I could get better quality from a gum ball machine. In an otherwise superbly crafted cabin, it's a puzzler. I caught a glimpse of mine in the sun today and it's spider webbed already. I have 500 miles on the car and haven't even touched it. I'm going to blast Mazda in their survey for this. Other things I could forgive, but you have to look at that cluster frequently and be reminded that it's crap.

The other thing I'm disappointed in is the sound of the doors when closing. On a 34K car, I shouldn't have to listen to reverberating sounds like something in bouncing around when the driver's side door is closed.
yes, it seems to be a problem with most makes of cars. They could at least use a plastic that's slightly less prone to micro scratches. You should be able to wipe it down gently with a soft cloth but you can't. 80% of the time it looks ok, but as soon as the sun hits that right angle, looks horrible. I made mine worse by trusting youtube videos that you can use various products to remove scratches. Don't believe it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Because of this thread I've haven't tried to clean my lens cover. But now I've had the car well over a year and there's a bad combination of dust buildup and droplets from overzealous hand sanitizer use ... so it will need to be cleaned eventually. But it sounds like some people are getting scratches no matter how careful they are.

What is the best way to try and clean it? Blow the dust off first, then spray with water and gently use an eyeglass cloth?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS, Machine Grey
12 Posts
Because of this thread I've haven't tried to clean my lens cover. But now I've had the car well over a year and there's a bad combination of dust buildup and droplets from overzealous hand sanitizer use ... so it will need to be cleaned eventually. But it sounds like some people are getting scratches no matter how careful they are.

What is the best way to try and clean it? Blow the dust off first, then spray with water and gently use an eyeglass cloth?
That’s how I would go about it, but very very gently

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium
33 Posts
I contacted Mazda awhile back about the Instrument Cluster Lens having 3 scratches since Day 1. They asked me to provide photos of the scratches via email and after viewing them, they decided to order the part and have it installed free of charge under warranty.

The car went in today and the part was replaced within a couple of hours. I noticed there were fingerprints on the Instrument Cluster Lens so I used my OXO Good Grips Microfiber Hand Duster to remove the prints and dust. It looks good as new. This OXO product does NOT scratch:

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
1 Posts
Guys, I had the same problem with the instrument cluster but I also saw some scratches at the piano black interior. The best solution that I made is placing a wrap protection film both at the interior black piano surfaces and to the instrument cluster. All scratches are covered by the film and gone and the car is now protected. In my opinion this is the most easy safe and effective way to disappear scratches but also to protect the interior from future scratches. Below you see the instrument cluster after the installation of the film. It was full of scratches, now it’s like new! View attachment 2156 View attachment 2156
Βαγγέλη καλησπέρα.
έχω παραγγείλει το mazda cx 30.
θα μπορούσες να μου πεις που πήγες στη Θεσσαλονίκη και έβαλες μεμβράνη για τον πίνακα οργάνων και την κεντρική κονσόλα.
Διάβασα ότι πολλοί έχουν θέμα με τα πλαστικά σε αυτά τα σημεία και θέλω κατευθείαν να τα διορθώσω.

Γενικά πως είναι το αυτοκίνητο?
νομίζω έχουμε μιλήσει και στο κανάλι του Γιάννη Στέφου.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD Turbo
13 Posts
Βαγγέλη καλησπέρα.
έχω παραγγείλει το mazda cx 30.
θα μπορούσες να μου πεις που πήγες στη Θεσσαλονίκη και έβαλες μεμβράνη για τον πίνακα οργάνων και την κεντρική κονσόλα.
Διάβασα ότι πολλοί έχουν θέμα με τα πλαστικά σε αυτά τα σημεία και θέλω κατευθείαν να τα διορθώσω.

Γενικά πως είναι το αυτοκίνητο?
νομίζω έχουμε μιλήσει και στο κανάλι του Γιάννη Στέφου.
i dont understand this text.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium Plus soul red
38 Posts
This is a missed a opportunity for those tempered glass screen protector companies to create a product and sell it. So far I’ve been looking for a product like this and can’t find any at all, only a vinyl protector option sold in China that requires spraying water in order to install it. I have seen tempered glass lens protectors offered for other cars like for Audi and even Ford. There is also one for the Mazda CX 30 to protect the navigation screen, not sure is that one is really needed since it’s not a touchscreen, but might be worth the shot just to prevent surprises down the road.
So far I ordered the TPS lens protector and it should be arriving in 2 weeks from China. I’ll post some pics and comments about installation and final looks. In the meantime I’ll still keep an eye on a tempered glass solution as I believe it’s the best option in terms of looks and quality.

·
Premium Member
2022 CX 30 GS-L coming spring 2022
36 Posts
So far I ordered the TPS lens protector and it should be arriving in 2 weeks from China. I’ll post some pics and comments about installation and final looks. In the meantime I’ll still keep an eye on a tempered glass solution as I believe it’s the best option in terms of looks and quality.
oSo - how did the film protection work for you?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 GX AWD
13 Posts
Why am I not surprised I have this problem as well with the crappy instrument panel plastic. Mazda Canada, North America needs to assess their quality control issues. My Mazda 2 had better craftsmanship!!!!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Style (SkyActiv-G Automatic)
43 Posts
After a year of ownership, I changed for free this panel; it was scratched since day one, and a soft cleaning did worse. Now, I clean it with a air pressure dust cleaner. I don't dare touch it with anything! :D - this plastic lens is also prone to sun reflection. An evident update in the material used Mazda should make.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts