Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
52 Posts

Here is the instrument cluster plastic cover I received.

I give it 8.5 out of 10 as it fits well but there is a 2mm gap on both sides. Top and bottom is perfect.

Install not too bad, just use plenty of water. Comes with the plastic cover, cleaning cloth, small spray bottle for the install and small squeegee.

Looks like it will protect the plastic well.

Still has a few water bubbles but with it getting into the high 80s, hoping that will clear it up.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD Turbo
12 Posts

Here is the instrument cluster plastic cover I received.

I give it 8.5 out of 10 as it fits well but there is a 2mm gap on both sides. Top and bottom is perfect.

Install not too bad, just use plenty of water. Comes with the plastic cover, cleaning cloth, small spray bottle for the install and small squeegee.

Looks like it will protect the plastic well.

Still has a few water bubbles but with it getting into the high 80s, hoping that will clear it up.
Hello, which one did u get, when i click on the link it doesn't direct me to the product you bought, thanks.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 TPP Soul Red Turbo AWD Skyactive G
5 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
565 Posts
You are most welcome to join CX30Talk, but I note you have a Mazda 3. Please be careful looking for answers here as they may not apply fully to your Mazda 3. Also, I may have to move any questions you post about your Mazda 3 to suit the forum content, as there will be differences between your car and the CX-30.

You should consider posting an introduction here so we can welcome you properly. But remember, do not post about issues in the New Members area.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are most welcome to join CX30Talk, but I note you have a Mazda 3. Please be careful looking for answers here as they may not apply fully to your Mazda 3. Also, I may have to move any questions you post about your Mazda 3 to suit the forum content, as there will be differences between your car and the CX-30.

You should consider posting an introduction here so we can welcome you properly. But remember, do not post about issues in the New Members area.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
Hello, basically because they are the same vehicle, my 2021 mazda 3 hatchback is just slightly smaller version of the cx30. thanks

·
Registered
2020 CX 30 GS 2.5L
4 Posts
The day I picked up my car from the dealership, I noticed scratch marks going all the way across the bottom of the cluster plastic from one side to the other. Assumed it was from the dealership detailer leaving detailing residue on it so I tried to buff it off with a dampened uber soft microfiber cloth and...made it worse. When the sun hits it a certain way, its brutally distracting.
I'm glad I found this thread, will try some of the suggestions to fix it first, then will take it up with the dealership as last resort. I'm curious to hear how protective films work out?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
The plastic covering definitely protects it but I still have some install bubbles.

Plan to try and get them out today.

I bought two in case I have to reinstall

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS, Machine Grey
12 Posts
I'm thinking of getting my lens replaced also on my 2021 Mazda 3 but worried about them taking apart my new car to get to the lens. How was it on yours, were they careful, was there any damage? Also, would you have any pics of your new lens in the sunlight where you see the scratches? thanks
sorry it’s taking me long to post. It doesn’t look as bad in picture as in real life. Half the time it just looks like dust but I can tolerate this more than before (which I don’t have a before pic).

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks, actually it looks really good even with that type of sunlight, just a few small scratches
Also, i bought a new lens from Mazda. I carefully opened the packaging and looked at it and it looks good, could not see any scratches. I re-packaged it and left it in the box, still contemplating if and when i should let them install it. I don't like the idea of anyone taking apart my brand new car and doing damage somewhere else in the interior.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The plastic covering definitely protects it but I still have some install bubbles.

Plan to try and get them out today.

I bought two in case I have to reinstall
can you tell me if it hides existing scratches as well? thanks

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
David

I cannot answer that question as i had no scratches on my lens. Just being proactive to try and keep it clear.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
68 Posts
i can never get my instrument panel plastic clean ...always smudges even with microfiber cloth and an eyeglass lens cleaning rag

·
Registered
12 Posts
i can never get my instrument panel plastic clean ...always smudges even with microfiber cloth and an eyeglass lens cleaning rag
for me, it's not really about the cleaning, it's the fine scratches it creates while cleaning with any cloth. Have you checked your gauge cluster lens under a flashlight or sunlight at different angles and see if you see a bunch of swirly micro scratches now?

·
Registered
SkyActiv 122 G
7 Posts
Guys, I had the same problem with the instrument cluster but I also saw some scratches at the piano black interior. The best solution that I made is placing a wrap protection film both at the interior black piano surfaces and to the instrument cluster. All scratches are covered by the film and gone and the car is now protected. In my opinion this is the most easy safe and effective way to disappear scratches but also to protect the interior from future scratches. Below you see the instrument cluster after the installation of the film. It was full of scratches, now it’s like new!
091832F0-1E96-49E8-9440-5DB99D8BE376.png

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys, I had the same problem with the instrument cluster but I also saw some scratches at the piano black interior. The best solution that I made is placing a wrap protection film both at the interior black piano surfaces and to the instrument cluster. All scratches are covered by the film and gone and the car is now protected. In my opinion this is the most easy safe and effective way to disappear scratches but also to protect the interior from future scratches. Below you see the instrument cluster after the installation of the film. It was full of scratches, now it’s like new! View attachment 2156 View attachment 2156
[/QUOTE
thanks for these pics, can you tell me which film and where you bought for the cluster? thanks

·
Registered
SkyActiv 122 G
7 Posts
thanks for these pics, can you tell me which film and where you bought for the cluster? thanks
I live in Greece, so just find a detailing store in your country that installs protective films. Usually some stores that install sun protection films install also protective films for the color. I install “premium shield“ in my car. The guy that install these films usually takes measurement of the cluster and every piano black surface and he creates a film to fit the dimensions of your car. So it is a custom made procedure for the interior.

·
Registered
SkyActiv 122 G
7 Posts
And something last to add, when you install the film you don’t have to erase first the scratches. The film cover the scratches and you cannot see them at all.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
68 Posts
I may try this for low cost screen protector. Not sure how well it will stick...maybe rub it with cloth to build up static cling

81 - 100 of 106 Posts