Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
739 Posts
You must be manually turning your headlights on then during daylight driving conditions. If i wasn't feeling so lazy, I'd go take a pic for you. On my car, there are no amber DRLs. The only DRLs on my car are the headlights....that's it.
Same here .. led headlights are used as DRL at a lower brightness.

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
739 Posts
Yah I always leave mine on auto and never touch the headlights switch .. so daytime it's the bright LED headlights on a low light for the day time running lights and the amber ones are off .. only time amber ones are on solid is with the headlights at night.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
15 Posts
Interesting. On my EU-spec there's another bulb in each headlight, towards the grille, that's acting as DRL.

The EU-spec has 3 types of headlichts.
View attachment 685

View attachment 686
The design-pack has this one...Here only daylights on.
The US Premium also seems to have this separate LED DRL light from the main projector. I noticed this morning. Like the Mazda6 I traded in, it seems like the top headlights actually come with separate DRLs, but Mazda chooses to enable the headlights as DRLs by keeping them on but at a lower power level and turning off the adaptive function while in DRL mode.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Headlights set on auto like I always leave them at .

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
50 Posts
I've noticed online that some pictures of the Mazda CX-30's front lower turn signals that double as the DRL's are a whiteish LED color when lit, instead of the amber yellowish color. Is it location specific or are they changing the LEDs themselves?
It seems there are significant differences in lighting arrangements between countries/regions. I have a UK 2021 specification Skyactive-X MHEV in GT Sport Tech trim. This spec has fully LED lighting configuration with no other types of lights in the whole vehicle. DRL are fixed inside both main front light clusters. The little LED strips at the bottom of front bumper have two functions:
1. I think Mazda calls it "position lights", which are bright white steady lights that come up at night in AUTO mode or at daytime when one of the manual modes is selected. Basically, this means that they never come up together with DRL.
2. Front turn indicator lights. These are amber and at daytime in AUTO mode these are the only lights that you can see in these small slots at the bottom of the front bumper. However, when the position lights are on in the same LED strip, as described above, the turn indicator suppresses white illumination and replaces it with the amber blinking one for the duration of the time the turn signal is selected from the stalk. I still can't work out if the white glow appears for a few milliseconds at the end of each blink or not.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts