Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
710 Posts
sounds like an air can is the best way to clean this part of the dash :D

Reactions: TunaFresh

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Switzerland and bought a CX-30 nine months ago. I am struggling with the same thing. I called my dealership and said this part could not be replaced, but I see through your experience that this is not true. I am really dissatisfied with the overall quality of the car's materials and finishes. They are really shitty. I am now pushing to get the plastic cover changed. I cannot really stand it.
Hi, I have the same problem. Did you finally manage to get it replaced?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Am I the only one who finds there is too much glare on the instrument panel? I did not purchase the exact car I test drove, and did not notice this then. It would seem the plastic should have an anti reflective coating on it

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
161 Posts
Yes the problem is not your car, the problem is the quality of the plastic used by Mazda. If we all complain to Mazda, maybe one say, they will replace it for a better quality material.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
It would be the same sconario on the paint work on the outside.. let me tell you folks any time there is dust / grime you never clean it dry because essentially that dust and grime is abrasive and by cleaning it dry you are essentially grinding it in causing scratches.. if you did the same thing on the paint in the outside with dust ,grime etc and ran your hand across the paint you would cause scratches in the paint via swirl marks.. or paint maring on my center console iv cleaned it several times useing a total interior cleaner and protect by chemical guys which is just my choice of product and nine is little to no scratches on it so as a rule of thumb never clean it dry as even the paint work will scratch.

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
100 Posts
Use a half inch new paint brush to remove the dust. No need to use a cloth to wipe it.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
161 Posts
It would be the same sconario on the paint work on the outside.. let me tell you folks any time there is dust / grime you never clean it dry because essentially that dust and grime is abrasive and by cleaning it dry you are essentially grinding it in causing scratches.. if you did the same thing on the paint in the outside with dust ,grime etc and ran your hand across the paint you would cause scratches in the paint via swirl marks.. or paint maring on my center console iv cleaned it several times useing a total interior cleaner and protect by chemical guys which is just my choice of product and nine is little to no scratches on it so as a rule of thumb never clean it dry as even the paint work will scratch.
I understand your point but I Never had that problem with other cars.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I understand your point but I Never had that problem with other cars.
Iv had a Acura El .. ford ranger , Nissan Sentra type R .. Nissan Qashqai and along with my 15 years of professional automotive experience in the automotive industry working in a few different roles right down to a professional detailer where I was sent to California for training and all the used vehicle reconditioning iv ever done iv always come across some degree of centre instrument cluster scratches and along with my own vehicles of which two wher used vehicle and most of the time you can fix it with some light polish but others from the previous owner it was so bad I'd have to order a new one before It could go onto the used lot so it's a issue on all vehicles I'd say in general and with plastics and paint now having to be environmentally friendly it's allot easier but steps can be taken to avoid such things 🙂 like I have done on my CX 30 and iv detailed it several times cus I'm OCD with that stuff. had my CX 30 since February.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
161 Posts
I do recognize your huge experience and yes, some days, I will try to polish it. In fact, it is a question of angle. Most of the time, the lens looks just great 😎

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seriously guys, just polish it; its at most a 2 min job. Sure it won't be 100% perfect, but better than nothing! I'd rather not let the dealership open up my dash for fear of subsequent creaks and rattles down the road due to improper fitting.

Here's a video to show you how you can polish the screen IF you have scratches. Once you're done polishing, don't touch it anymore!

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
161 Posts
I had mine replaced and even with extreme care, my new lens is not better. This is not normal and It is very bad to have it in my face when just spent 37000$.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Seriously guys, just polish it; its at most a 2 min job. Sure it won't be 100% perfect, but better than nothing! I'd rather not let the dealership open up my dash for fear of subsequent creaks and rattles down the road due to improper fitting.

Here's a video to show you how you can polish the screen IF you have scratches. Once you're done polishing, don't touch it anymore!

LOL! I already told people on here the same thing and to never dry rub it .. always use a vehicle interior cleaning spray.. LOL would you wipe your few thousand dollar BIG screen tv screen dry and not expect scratches.. HELLO same thing it will get scratches on it .. its common sense same thing with automotive paint .. why would you take a microfiber towel with dust dirt and grime on the paint and rub the microfiber cloth on it and go after OMG look at all the scratches now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had mine replaced and even with extreme care, my new lens is not better. This is not normal and It is very bad to have it in my face when just spent 37000$.
Yeah buddy, so what can you do apart from complaining after spending so much money on the vehicle? Don't touch it after you polish it, get a blower if there's dust. Leave it alone, jeez.

Alternatively you can go back to the dealership and get another replacement, but bring the new part to a detailing shop and have them polish the plastic for you prior to installation, then get the dealership to install it. No guarantees of no damage in the process of installation.

Until Mazda decides to change the dash material; nothings gonna change.

Skin the solution how you want it; just don't be part of your own problems.

FYI, my 2019 BMW X3 dash is no different to this; it stains (due to some coating) and scratches very easily; I spent way more on that thing then the Mazda. Most of the time its user error.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah buddy, so what can you do apart from complaining after spending so much money on the vehicle? Don't touch it after you polish it, get a blower if there's dust. Leave it alone, jeez.

Alternatively you can go back to the dealership and get another replacement, but bring the new part to a detailing shop and have them polish the plastic for you prior to installation, then get the dealership to install it. No guarantees of no damage in the process of installation.

Skin the solution how you want it; just don't be part of your own problems.
Wiped mine several times.. THE CORRECT WAY HMM lol NO SCRATCHES!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Had mine since feb of this year..

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS, Machine Grey
7 Posts
I've tried using Meguiar's PlastX on mine. It didn't scratch it but I find it made it worst in the sense that it left a clear white film on it. I've tried using glass cleaner afterwards and it didn't help. It looks worst than it did before and I'm quite unhappy about it. Contacted my local Mazda to inquire about replacing it. Waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium
25 Posts
THAT'S....pretty bad for microfiber use. NEVER had one that scratched this easily. Looks absolutely dreadful in the sunlight. View attachment 288
Wow. This happened to me in my 1st day over ownership, but just two scratches.

Very poor choice by Mazda using this material. I can see it only getting worse over time. They should RECALL this part.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
310 Posts
Wow. This happened to me in my 1st day over ownership, but just two scratches.

Very poor choice by Mazda using this material. I can see it only getting worse over time. They should RECALL this part.
There is a cheap replacement panel on a website that I bought quite of other accessories had from my Mazda.. I'm tempted to buy it as mine is scratched as well but couldn't figure out how I would remove the existing to put in the replacement? Any ideas? They show some pictures but it doesn't do justice for instructions..

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS, Machine Grey
7 Posts
There is a cheap replacement panel on a website that I bought quite of other accessories had from my Mazda.. I'm tempted to buy it as mine is scratched as well but couldn't figure out how I would remove the existing to put in the replacement? Any ideas? They show some pictures but it doesn't do justice for instructions..

Hmm that’s interesting. I’d be way to scared to do that myself though. But I am wondering if the screen protector that they sell and suggest you put on, if it would actually cover up the scratches or make them less visible 🤔

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
310 Posts
Hmm that’s interesting. I’d be way to scared to do that myself though. But I am wondering if the screen protector that they sell and suggest you put on, if it would actually cover up the scratches or make them less visible 🤔
Hmm very true! Well.. have the protective cover on order from them for the out gloss black window pillars.. as mine are scratched.. I will see if that helps there maybe it will guide us towards answer.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts