Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
DEAD BATTERY ISSUES
Yes, My CX 30, Brand new, would not start the day after I drove it home from the dealership.
Dead Battery.
Was told by the dealer that there was nothing else wrong with the vehicle after they replaced the battery.

6 weeks later "LOW VOLTAG RISK, START ENGINE" repeatedly came on when I parked the car or if the liftgate was open.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
293 Posts
DEAD BATTERY ISSUES
Yes, My CX 30, Brand new, would not start the day after I drove it home from the dealership.
Dead Battery.
Was told by the dealer that there was nothing else wrong with the vehicle after they replaced the battery.

6 weeks later "LOW VOLTAG RISK, START ENGINE" repeatedly came on when I parked the car or if the liftgate was open.
Lots of details in this thread, but to summarize: The dead battery and the alert are separate issues. The Alert is based on how many times and how much time the computer is woken up without the car running. It is doing what it is programmed to do. It is not monitoring actual battery condition. Clears with 5 minutes of run time. I just ignore it and let it clear next time I drive it. No need to waste fuel.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
Lots of details in this thread, but to summarize: The dead battery and the alert are separate issues. The Alert is based on how many times and how much time the computer is woken up without the car running. It is doing what it is programmed to do. It is not monitoring actual battery condition. Clears with 5 minutes of run time. I just ignore it and let it clear next time I drive it. No need to waste fuel.
No matter its purpose it is a "nanny" alarm and damned annoying and mazda needs to get rid of it....in 99% of cases it serves no purpose other than to annoy the owner.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
63 Posts
No matter its purpose it is a "nanny" alarm and damned annoying and mazda needs to get rid of it....in 99% of cases it serves no purpose other than to annoy the owner.
Personally, I don't mind it in principle but I do think it needs to be less sensitive and/or included in the customised settings so it can be enabled/disabled by the owner. If the latter then it would no longer be viewed by many as an irritating 'nanny' alarm because the ultimate decision to use or not would rest with the owner of the car.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
195 Posts
It reminds me the story of a shepherd boy who cried "Wolf", when there were no wolfs around. By the time the real wolf arrived everyone was so annoyed by false alarms that they didn't bother to react and the wolf had a banquet.😂

·
Registered
2021 Machine Grey premium
27 Posts
Having owned both a 2020 and a 2021 CX-30 don't ask, it does all come down to the 30 min active time as noted
by many, yes the remote will cause the car to wake up which adds to the 30 min accumulation time.

Since the battery condition is secondary to the 30 min rule the actual battery state of charge is irrelevant
so a battery tender will not trump the 30 min timer.

BTW without pulling fuses there is no way to turn off the rear tailgate light [open] when vacuuming/cleaning
not that its going to lessen activation of the chime anyway.

I'd be more than happy with a 60 min active mode prior to the activation of the much hated chime.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
293 Posts
BTW without pulling fuses there is no way to turn off the rear tailgate light [open] when vacuuming/cleaning
I was considering putting a switch in to kill that light if I want to leave the hatch open. But, all lights are LED and could be on fo many hours without a significant drain on battery. Now if you could figure out how the computer knows the hatch is open and bypass it, that would keep it from adding to the alert’s trigger minutes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was considering putting a switch in to kill that light if I want to leave the hatch open. But, all lights are LED and could be on fo many hours without a significant drain on battery. Now if you could figure out how the computer knows the hatch is open and bypass it, that would keep it from adding to the alert’s trigger minutes.
I noticed on my car that the light in the boot/trunk goes off automatically after a certain period of time, if you leave the liftgate opened. I didn't measure the exact duration, but roughly it seems to be something around 15 minutes. Originally, I thought that this happens only after the low battery risk warning was triggered, but then on a couple of occasions the light went off well before the warning chimes.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
310 Posts
Having gotten to see how much of the systems in today's cars overlap I thought that I would share some insight here. The short answer to just tweaking the software and changing the timer because a percentage of owners don't like something about it isn't as easy as one might think. Software corrections when proposed have to be tested to prove that they don't negatively impact the FTP ( federal testing procedure) Emissions levels that the car was certified for when it was first produced. On the surface it might not seem like a big deal just letting the battery experience some longer drain events. But the federal emissions testing is going to want answers to things like how will this impact fuel economy? When the battery is allowed to drain more, the alternator is going to demand more power from the engine for a longer period of time in order to try to replace that consumed power. That additional engine load will lower the fuel economy and lower fuel economy equals more CO2 and pollutants released to the atmosphere. Consider this as an over simplification of just what all can be involved in something like a software change there could be numerous other concerns that could result from something this innocent of a change and rooting them out before just tossing out any random change probably drives some of the engineers crazy.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
Having gotten to see how much of the systems in today's cars overlap I thought that I would share some insight here. The short answer to just tweaking the software and changing the timer because a percentage of owners don't like something about it isn't as easy as one might think. Software corrections when proposed have to be tested to prove that they don't negatively impact the FTP ( federal testing procedure) Emissions levels that the car was certified for when it was first produced. On the surface it might not seem like a big deal just letting the battery experience some longer drain events. But the federal emissions testing is going to want answers to things like how will this impact fuel economy? When the battery is allowed to drain more, the alternator is going to demand more power from the engine for a longer period of time in order to try to replace that consumed power. That additional engine load will lower the fuel economy and lower fuel economy equals more CO2 and pollutants released to the atmosphere. Consider this as an over simplification of just what all can be involved in something like a software change there could be numerous other concerns that could result from something this innocent of a change and rooting them out before just tossing out any random change probably drives some of the engineers crazy.
Perhaps then, not alter the software....just cancel the alarm sound or lower it so the folks in the Ukraine cannot hear it.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
138 Posts
Having gotten to see how much of the systems in today's cars overlap I thought that I would share some insight here. The short answer to just tweaking the software and changing the timer because a percentage of owners don't like something about it isn't as easy as one might think. Software corrections when proposed have to be tested to prove that they don't negatively impact the FTP ( federal testing procedure) Emissions levels that the car was certified for when it was first produced.
Situation in US in this respect may be different but my EU car (2019 production) doesn't have the warning :D and has same EU approval number as a recent 100Y Anniversary Edition.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Situation in US in this respect may be different but my EU car (2019 production) doesn't have the warning :D and has same EU approval number as a recent 100Y Anniversary Edition.
You are lucky. This warning was introduced only on the 2021 generation of Mazda 3 and CX-30 ;)

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv G, Cosmo, technoly 150 HK 2021
22 Posts
I also have a 2021 CX-30 with this alert. I have found this video on Youtube from Germany. He says, that Mazda will make an update in Q1 2022, so that we after that can open and close the doors for 90 instead of 30 minutes, before the car goes into sleeping mode, and we hear the 30 seconds of bling bling. The link to this video is here:

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
Having owned both a 2020 and a 2021 CX-30 don't ask, it does all come down to the 30 min active time as noted
by many, yes the remote will cause the car to wake up which adds to the 30 min accumulation time.

Since the battery condition is secondary to the 30 min rule the actual battery state of charge is irrelevant
so a battery tender will not trump the 30 min timer.

I'd be more than happy with a 60 min active mode prior to the activation of the much hated chime.
I keep my fob in the car all the time when garaged as my garage is secure and i live where crime is virtually non-existant. I keep the fob in a small faraday key case and can leave it parked for weeks on end (i have another vehicle) , and very rarely (i cannot remember the last time) i got the lo battery alarm. So, not certain, but perhaps the lack of fob/vehicle communication keeps the alarm at bay.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Polymetal grey GT Sport Tech Skyactiv G auto
30 Posts
I keep my fob in the car all the time when garaged as my garage is secure and i live where crime is virtually non-existant. I keep the fob in a small faraday key case and can leave it parked for weeks on end (i have another vehicle) , and very rarely (i cannot remember the last time) i got the lo battery alarm. So, not certain, but perhaps the lack of fob/vehicle communication keeps the alarm at bay.
No, this doesn't work. I keep my key in a Faraday pouch and it still does it. Also does it with my spare key which has the communication turned off. Its just working on a timer basis.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Polymetal grey GT Sport Tech Skyactiv G auto
30 Posts
I don't see why it would be too hard for Mazda to turn off this feature because it was something they only added this year. Previous to this the cars didn't do it. Surely just reverse whatever they did?

181 - 200 of 238 Posts