Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
195 Posts
I don't see why it would be too hard for Mazda to turn off this feature because it was something they only added this year. Previous to this the cars didn't do it. Surely just reverse whatever they did?
I sent them a lengthy detailed complaint about 4 months ago asking either to increase the time before the warning alarm, or to reduce the duration of annoying 30 seconds bleating, or to make it user selectable feature, or simply to downgrade to pre-2021 software version until a more permanent solution is found. They blatantly refused to do anything about it. I spoke today to Mazda UK about this issue and the guy on the phone was extremely polite and trying to be helpful, but shockingly, he had no idea about this warning and problems owners have with it. It took me about 10 minutes to "educate" him. Eventually, I persuaded him to connect me to their technical department. They confirmed that there will be a software update at some point, but did not confirm what is said in the German YouTube video regarding the Q1 2022 release and said that they have no idea about the time scale at the moment and have not heard anything from Mazda Japan about it.

·
Registered
2021 Machine Grey premium
27 Posts
"not heard anything from Mazda Japan about it"

I dealt with Mazda Japan on another issue thought they would be the people to solve an issue
turns out not so much.

5 loaner cars and 6 months later.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
"not heard anything from Mazda Japan about it"

I dealt with Mazda Japan on another issue thought they would be the people to solve an issue
turns out not so much.

5 loaner cars and 6 months later.:rolleyes:
I absolutely agree with you and the same applies to Mazda UK. It seems they are only good at selling tactics, but I feel that when it comes to technical issues Mazda becomes very protective and secretive. I suppose this applies to any corporation. Having said this, one person on this forum absolutely worships Mazda Japan thinking that it is "the next best thing after a sliced bread" and encourages contacting Mazda Japan for any issues that can't be resolved locally. ;)

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
No, this doesn't work. I keep my key in a Faraday pouch and it still does it. Also does it with my spare key which has the communication turned off. Its just working on a timer basis.
Hmmm odd. I have not had a battery alarm since using the faraday bag. (My second fob is turned off, as well) sorry it has not worked for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I bought a Noco smart charger not a version that starts a dead battery, after having the alarm kick in I charged the battery as a test until the charger indicated a full system charge.
I Wanted to see if the alarm would sound after the 30 minute/5 activations open door period, the alarm did sound
even though a minimum of discharge had occurred.

Think we are still waiting for that software alarm update mentioned late last year.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm in the USA. This has a EU plug.

The chargers I mentioned are similar to what you linked, but portable.
Yes, they are all pretty much the same. I was under the impression that you can buy CTEK in the US in North American specification. I believe I saw it on amazon.com some time ago.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium
33 Posts
Yes, they are all pretty much the same. I was under the impression that you can buy CTEK in the US in North American specification. I believe I saw it on amazon.com some time ago.
Yes, thanks. I just searched for it on Amazon US and it's got mixed reviews. The Noco Genius is similar.

But I currently am getting the Hulkman that I linked above, which looks like the same type of charger....but only portable.

·
Registered
CX-30 Cosmo
44 Posts
For owners in Europe & UK with affected models, a PCM update is now available from your local Mazda dealer, which incorporates the following changes:

Control software of the BCM has been modified to change the condition for the power saving mode to be activated and deactivated.

- Activation of the power saving mode
The accumulated time 30 minutes has been extended to 90 minutes.

- Deactivation of the power saving mode
Driving or engine running for 5 minutes has been shortened to 3 seconds.

That should at least greatly reduce the occurrence of this message appearing.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
For owners in Europe & UK with affected models, a PCM update is now available from your local Mazda dealer, which incorporates the following changes:

Control software of the BCM has been modified to change the condition for the power saving mode to be activated and deactivated.

I wonder when this will be available for other markets in n. America and asia?

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv G, Cosmo, technoly 150 HK 2021
22 Posts

Thank you very much. I have waited a long time for this. I have now send your message to my dealer, so I can get my CX-30 (2021) updated with this. :)(y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just to clarify to everyone....

It is actually an issue.
I had all my doors open.... the interior lights off... key in my kitchen.... and the car shut off completely (ignition off, not acc mode) trying to dry my car out from lots of snow being tracked inside due to feet (using a dehumidifier in yhe garage)

After 30 mins the low battery risk warning started.

No lights on. No music. No nothing.

So I'm thinking it's a timer that doesn't get set off based on actual charge level.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just to clarify to everyone....
Not much clarification needed at this point, the 30 min mark and a cycling of 5 or so door openings etc
causes the issue being discussed for this past year and a half or so.

Evidently an update is on the way for N.A. you may have to request it or at the least note it when a service is due.

It is in deed a pain in the rear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you very much. I have waited a long time for this. I have now send your message to my dealer, so I can get my CX-30 (2021) updated with this. :)(y)
I got this update on the 4th of March with my Mazda dealer.
Today I have tested the update. I had all the doors and the tailgate open in one hour and 47 minutes, when I detailed all the leather, vinyl and vacuumed the car in the sun and only five degrees Celcius.
And my Mazda CX-30 from August 2021 was completely silent. Normally I get the Bling Bling alarm after maximum 30 minutes, and the Bling Bling would give a loud sound for 30 seconds. And the display would inform you to start up the engine for at least 5 minutes. But this problem with the over sensitive car, is now solved. I love it . Thank you so much for your help, and my dealer was also delighted. It was his first update with this problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, for Europe it's TSB R020/22
I promised you to come back, and I am very grateful for your advice. I gave my dealer the bulletin number, and it solved my problem with my 2021 Mazda CX-30:

I got this update on the 4th of March with my Mazda dealer.
Today I have tested the update. I had all the doors and the tailgate open in one hour and 47 minutes, when I detailed all the leather, vinyl and vacuumed the car in the sun and only five degrees Celcius.
And my Mazda CX-30 from August 2021 was completely silent. Normally I get the Bling Bling alarm after maximum 30 minutes, and the Bling Bling would give a loud sound for 30 seconds. And the display would inform you to start up the engine for at least 5 minutes. But this problem with the over sensitive car, is now solved. I love it . Thank you so much for your help, and my dealer was also delighted. It was his first update with this problem.

201 - 220 of 238 Posts