Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Except 4-8 the others are something I can easily live with.
Overall I like the car more than the old one.
I think the absence of vectoring lines (2) cannot be justified (a zero cost software flag setting?) and must be an attempt to force Romanian users to purchase the 360 degree camera system. When I viewed the Mazda 3 shortly after its UK release the salesman didn't know the "view" button accessed two rear views.
"4" I haven't experienced
"5" I've never used a "Recycled air" setting on any car. In the UK when a car is too hot (left in sun) the air inside is hotter than outside and in winter the interior air is more humid than exterior so recycling may/will increase condensation on the windscreen.
"6" total agreement. Mazda even say "The surface of this part is very delicate (easily scratched)." in their manual for vehicle handlers and shippers.
"7" Not experienced
"8" Again not experienced and I would say my auto box is the equal of and possibly better than VW's DSG 6sp wet clutch box. Having come from a 2l VW diesel I have noted that the X engine does rev higher and I'd have said that 1100 - 1500 rpm operating band was for a turbo diesel being driven in "comfort" mode. It must be an error in the gearbox mapping for your country. Does the issue go away if you switch to sport mode?
"9" totally agree. The UK manual references "Accessory Sockets" but doesn't tell you where they are. I knew there was one in the centre console and just been to open the tailgate expecting to find another one!!!!
I miss the VW IR reflecting windscreen and come winter its heating function will be missed.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
98 Posts
For those that have have complaints about the AT, how do you drive it? What RPM is your car generally shifting at?

From a dead stop I tend to be between 3-3,500 RPM's.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
9 Posts
I think the absence of vectoring lines (2) cannot be justified (a zero cost software flag setting?) and must be an attempt to force Romanian users to purchase the 360 degree camera system. [...]

Does the issue go away if you switch to sport mode?

"9" totally agree. The UK manual references "Accessory Sockets" but doesn't tell you where they are. I knew there was one in the centre console and just been to open the tailgate expecting to find another one!!!!
Yes, if you have the 360 degree view (included in Safety package, 900 EUR) you get the vectoring lines. But you can't get the Safety package unless you buy the Luxury package (1500 EUR).

As for the stuttering issue I didn't touch Sport button because I'm trying to "break in" the engine.

I've noticed that on small SUVs and small/compact cars you only get one 12V socket. Auto manufacturers think you'll mostly drive in the city and use at most one phone charger.

For those that have have complaints about the AT, how do you drive it? What RPM is your car generally shifting at?

From a dead stop I tend to be between 3-3,500 RPM's.
It depends. I've seen it shifting at 4500 rpm in normal mode when resuming cruise on highways and as low as 1500 rpm in city traffic.
It's my first personal AT vehicle. Before this I've driven several rental or friends' cars with CVT, DSG and classic AT, but this one shifts at lowest revs of all.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
216 Posts
Except 4-8 the others are something I can easily live with.
Overall I like the car more than the old one.

4- Bird droppings do burn paint, but applying a good sealant/ wax coat of protection helps to stall the burn until its removed, i have wipes in the glove box to remove dropping straightaway..
8- as for the vibration , take it back to the dealers under warranty.

·
Registered
Waiting on my 2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
27 Posts
4- Bird droppings do burn paint, but applying a good sealant/ wax coat of protection helps to stall the burn until its removed, i have wipes in the glove box to remove dropping straightaway..
8- as for the vibration , take it back to the dealers under warranty.
This is why I always have the dealer safeguard coating its a must have for me being near the coast with the blessed seagulls who Love to dive bomb anything shiny!

Just needs a quick wipe down and a surface polish later, been left to get dirty and abused by dirt and pollen over the lockdown but a very quick powerwash and clean later and shiny again. Yes couple of hundred pounds on the proce but worth it and you get a pretty nice car care pack included and bodywork warranty.

endeth the sales pitch!

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
216 Posts
My dealer threw in ceramic coating as a deal breaker, not a big fan tbh as I'm into detailing , have a garage full if products and don't mind spending time on the car.. our cx30 is always prepared for the dreaded bird droppings...:cool: it's my OCD ( obsessive Car Detailing)😄

·
Registered
Waiting on my 2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
27 Posts
Obsessive car detailing, ;) like that!

I used to do the whole clay polish everything when I had my V6 4 Motion many moons ago, nowadays usually up to my ears in DIY or home automation so whatever makes it easy :) of course having said this the new car will be that my new car so things may change lol

61 - 67 of 67 Posts