Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
  • Multiple times either in my garage or after a 6 hour drive... seems after i open / close the trunk or doors 3/4 times or if i leave the car alone for a day or two... i get this alarm.
  • Low battery 12v error telling me to start the car
  • 2021 Turbo Premium
  • Car still started
  • Not yet
  • Unsure
This really stinks just knowing i have to be cautious and make sure i start the car often, or that i don't open a door too much :/. I'm not doing anything crazy like listening to the radio, leaving lights on, etc.... just packing and unpacking the car.... and i can't even do that without getting a warning. I've driven it about 1.3k so far and this happens almost every trip.
Contact your DEALER there is a MDARS Software update for Battery Drain issues, Mazda are well aware of issues, there are a few different ones including TCU or telemetry unit software update for Remote App Access with Telcos, discuss with Dealer, there are Bulletins about Drain issue and a fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Contact your DEALER there is a MDARS Software update for Battery Drain issues, Mazda are well aware of issues, there are a few different ones including TCU or telemetry unit software update for Remote App Access with Telcos, discuss with Dealer, there are Bulletins about Drain issue and a fix.
Hello, made a new account to comment on this thread.
Bought my 2021 CX-30 on May 2021 in the U.S. Been having the battery alarm issue since Day 1 of purchase.

Went to my local dealer today and they were unable to find any updates or Bulletins for a Drain issue fix. They only found a Service Alert - SA-005/2. Which is no help cause it just says your battery is low please turn on the engine.

If anyone has the Service Bulletin number for the U.S. please let us know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello from Finland !
I also have a battery issue in my CX-30, bought 3 weeks ago. I called a dealer and they are looking for a software update.
Battery was full, I drove 60 km and then 30 km. Next mornig I opend the doors and trunk.
After about 15 minutes, there came a messages : BATTERY IS LOW and START THE ENGINE TO CHARGE THE BATTERY.
I measured the rest voltage, and it was 12,3 V.
Does anyone know, if there is a working solution for this problem ?

Rgds Ari

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested if there is a solution as I can't trust my cx30. After 8 weeks it went dead. Had to call for mazda recovery who advised me the battery was flat. They took it to my local dealer who subsequently said that I needed to drive it 20 to 30 miles every other day and if I didn't I need to put it on trickle charge. We went to the show room and they said they would get back to us but didn't until I put something on their feedback. My husband spoke to them yesterday and asked what happens if we leave it at the airport and go away for 2 or 3 weeks and they said call the recovery but they will only take your car 25 miles or you could leave it on tri kle charge.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Preferred AWD, sonic silver
25 Posts
I am interested if there is a solution as I can't trust my cx30. After 8 weeks it went dead. Had to call for mazda recovery who advised me the battery was flat. They took it to my local dealer who subsequently said that I needed to drive it 20 to 30 miles every other day and if I didn't I need to put it on trickle charge. We went to the show room and they said they would get back to us but didn't until I put something on their feedback. My husband spoke to them yesterday and asked what happens if we leave it at the airport and go away for 2 or 3 weeks and they said call the recovery but they will only take your car 25 miles or you could leave it on tri kle charge.
Pile of nonsense. I threatened my dealership with a lemon law lawsuit if the car was not fixed. It took 3 visits, but finally, they found a short in a relay that needed to be replaced, and then changed out the battery. Since they did both, no further issues. They also suggested to drive the car every other day, but I reminded them my last car could sit two weeks without any issue. I kept warning them that if it went to a 4th visit and was not fixed that they were going to buyback the car. I hope you can get this resolved too, as otherwise it is a wonderful car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
MemberDateLocationVehicle DetailIncidentRecovery required?Dealer Involved?Battery Discharge SSP applied
@OERA1
(Mexico)
At home washing car2021, CX-30 Grand Touring FWDLow Battery warningNoNoNot known
@OERA1
(Mexico)
At home washing car2021, CX-30 Grand Touring FWDLow Battery warningNoNoNot known
@savcom
(UK)
9th Apr 2021At home washing car2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport TechCar wouldn't startNoYesUpdate applied to correct battery discharge after incident
@digitaldoc77
(USA)
May 2021Home, next day after picking up the car.2021 CX-30 Preferred AWD (2.5NA)Low battery alert (Numerous times)NoVehicle subsequently checked, and no issue found.Reportedly delivered with all updates applied.
@almazda
(UK)
May 2021At home or work.
Happens regularly. Having door open triggers warning
2021 CX-30 GT Sport Tech Skyactiv G Automatic.Low battery alert (this remains in place until car is driven again)NoDealer checked and confirmed battery OK. No error codes.
Dealer stated it was a normal warning and that it didn't mean battery is about to die.
Reportedly delivered with all updates applied.
@paulf
(UK)
Started Mar-20At homeGT Sport Tech X, AutoThree "failures to start"Jump-starts requiredYes. Battery replaced following the first event. No fault found sign off after the second event.Yes. Mar-21 as part of service
@Susan
(Canada)
March and April 2021At home2021 CX30 GT AWDRegular 'Low Battery' alarms. One flashing console episodeNo recovery required. Car taken for a drive instead.Not involved with incident but have been to dealership more than once. Battery checked each time and all was okNot known. Complaint made to Mazda Canada.
@DaveHenrie
(USA)
March and April 2021At home2021 C-30 PreferredOne failure to start and several 'low power' warnings, usually after washing car.No recovery required (able to jump-start)No
@SoxFanFeb'21
Mar'21
Apr'21
May'21
At home
At home
At home
At home
2021 CX30 AWD Turbo Prem+Numerous low battery warningsNo
No
No
No
No
Yes and No
No
No
Unknown
@SoxFan2nd Apr 2021Rockville, MD2021 CX30 AWD Turbo Prem+failed to startyes. Mazda app reported interior light on. light was verified not on.
Battery fully discharged
Mazda Roadside AssistanceUnknown.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took delivery of car on 27 July.

30 July Low Battery Alarm comes on - spoke to dealer who said probably due to vehicle not being used whilst in transit to dealer and that the alarm will go away after the car does a few trips so went home and put CTech charger on to battery.

3 Aug and 7 Aug did a few runs of about 150 Km and on 21 Aug had alarm again.

24 Aug car went in for first service and dealer said bring car in again next day so that they can check it. Battery checked to be 725 cca (should be 520 cca) so all good.

30 July went back in to dealer because alarm still coming up. They replaced battery.

31 Aug drove 250 Km then back the next day.

3 September alarm again so went to dealer and car now booked in for further tests 7 September.

Today I noted a potential problem where the battery negative lead is coonected to the chassis (top of suspension tower). The female thread is painted on my car so I ran a tap through it and applied some Alminox to the bolt tread to improve conductivity as I have had this type of problem previously. Shut the bonnet (hood) and openned door - no alarm!

This may be a cause of the problem - I'll wait until after the dealer has checked it out again and, if no action, wait to see how it goes for a week or two.

To be continued, Dino

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hello from Finland !
I also have a battery issue in my CX-30, bought 3 weeks ago. I called a dealer and they are looking for a software update.
Battery was full, I drove 60 km and then 30 km. Next mornig I opend the doors and trunk.
After about 15 minutes, there came a messages : BATTERY IS LOW and START THE ENGINE TO CHARGE THE BATTERY.
I measured the rest voltage, and it was 12,3 V.
Does anyone know, if there is a working solution for this problem ?

Rgds Ari
The message is more of a warning that the battery could go low, but pass this to your dealer for comment. Mazda has sorted mine and many other members' cars. I've had no further issues since the updates were applied in April.

·
Administrator
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Took delivery of car on 27 July.

30 July Low Battery Alarm comes on - spoke to dealer who said probably due to vehicle not being used whilst in transit to dealer and that the alarm will go away after the car does a few trips so went home and put CTech charger on to battery.

3 Aug and 7 Aug did a few runs of about 150 Km and on 21 Aug had alarm again.

24 Aug car went in for first service and dealer said bring car in again next day so that they can check it. Battery checked to be 725 cca (should be 520 cca) so all good.

30 July went back in to dealer because alarm still coming up. They replaced battery.

31 Aug drove 250 Km then back the next day.

3 September alarm again so went to dealer and car now booked in for further tests 7 September.

Today I noted a potential problem where the battery negative lead is coonected to the chassis (top of suspension tower). The female thread is painted on my car so I ran a tap through it and applied some Alminox to the bolt tread to improve conductivity as I have had this type of problem previously. Shut the bonnet (hood) and openned door - no alarm!

This may be a cause of the problem - I'll wait until after the dealer has checked it out again and, if no action, wait to see how it goes for a week or two.

To be continued, Dino
Dino

How do you want me to log the info above? If it's the chassis connection like you say, then it's not strictly the battery drain issue (which was the root cause for many members).

·
Administrator
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Welcome to the forum.

That's not acceptable. A car (particularly a new car like the CX-30) should stand around for two weeks or so. If this is the best your dealer can offer then I suggest you escalate the problem to Mazda UK - or ask another dealer.

While you're reading this, please take a moment Please take a moment and update your profile. This helps you if you ask questions about your car and helps others know what car you have so they can give you the best answer. Complete your profile like this:
  1. Go to top right, click on your avatar then click on Account Settings
  2. Then in Location field, enter your ‘Location’ (The town and country you live in).
  3. In Vehicle Details: enter your CX-30 model, engine and year.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Save
If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dino

How do you want me to log the info above? If it's the chassis connection like you say, then it's not strictly the battery drain issue (which was the root cause for many members).
G'day Savcom,
The vehicle has been taken back to the dealers service dept and a software patch has been applied which turns the MRCC off after the ignition is turned off.
I saw the document they have regarding this that confirms this is the cause of the low batt alarm problem.

The painted thread is not the cause, just an anomaly that I thought may have contributed to the problem due to my past experience with electrical problems with vehicles (I'm a retired radio communications tech).

I have added more detail under another heading on this subject and, further to this, have had no depletion of the battery over the past 4 nights - I had connected a Matson battery monitoring device to the battery about 2 weeks ago and check voltage daily (I bought mine at Supercheap).

The tech at the dealership also showed me that the low voltage alarm sense point is set at 12.5 volts.

My car has a build date stamp of 7/21 on the Australian plate and don't know the actual build date leading me to have concern that someone (Mazda Australia as the importer, the manufacturer or the dealership) is not applying the new software (firmware) to new cars being delivered. Seems there is a communication problem in the system.

I'm not sure how to get the information out to new car buyers about ensuring their new car has been re-programmed to correct this problem.

Cheers, ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
The message is more of a warning that the battery could go low, but pass this to your dealer for comment. Mazda has sorted mine and many other members' cars. I've had no further issues since the updates were applied in April.
Hi !
I have spoken with the dealer, and I will take my car for service. They will check the car and update software, if applicable.
They also replace motor oil and filter, no extra cost for me, good service :).

Rgds Ari

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today I experienced my second battery issue. Sorry could log the first but same circumstances.
  • cleaning and vacuuming interior of my car and received the 12v battery is too low warning
  • Before cleaning. Put key fob in faraday pouch and turned off interior lights when door would be open
  • 2021 CX-30 select AWD
  • Started car for 10 minutes and warning went away.
  • Have not contacted dealer yet but going to.
  • UPDATE: called dealership and service said it was a know issue and their response was to keep my car running while cleaning. She said there was no fix including a software update which I thought there was

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
189 Posts
Today I experienced my second battery issue. Sorry could log the first but same circumstances.
  • cleaning and vacuuming interior of my car and received the 12v battery is too low warning
  • Before cleaning. Put key fob in faraday pouch and turned off interior lights when door would be open
  • 2021 CX-30 select AWD
  • Started car for 10 minutes and warning went away.
  • Have not contacted dealer yet but going to.
  • UPDATE: called dealership and service said it was a know issue and their response was to keep my car running while cleaning. She said there was no fix including a software update which I thought there was
As long as you are not having a problem restarting, there is no need to waste fuel running the whole time you are cleaning. The 5 minute required run is to reset the computer. It is insignificant to actually recharge the battery. I don't even waste the 5 minutes unless I will not be using the car for a while. The alert will just come on the next time you open a door. No biggie - drive it as usual and it will clear.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Premium. Soul Red
50 Posts
This thread is a log of when members are affected by the Low Battery issue on the Mazda CX-30 2019/2020/2021 models in all markets.

This is as a result of requests from members who are affected so that some form of evidence can be gathered in one place.

For background information the following threads should be reviewed:

To add your record, simply enter the following information in a new post below:
  • When and where the incident occurred
  • What the incident was (low battery warning/failed to start etc.)
  • Your car model and year
  • Did the car need to be recovered from the incident
  • Was a dealer involved
  • (if known) has the Battery Discharge update been applied by Mazda
We may update this as things go on.
To keep the thread tidy, I will remove posts made once details are entered into the table.
Since purchase, 08/15/2021 ( one month ago)
at home, vacuuming the interior with 4 doors open, nothing else on
elsewhere listening to music in ACC mode after 10 minutes, (several times)
One time, when I went out first thing to go to work with a couple of stops. It started as soon as I opened the door first thing, 2 miles later at first stop it did the same thing, and the second stop 1/4 mile away. Always started fine. after a 5 mile drive to the office, no more problems.
2021 Premium, 850 miles. It's just damned irritating, so far.
No dealer involved, it's not had any updates since delivery.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Premium, AWD, 2.5L, Non-Turbo in Sonic Silver Metallic
8 Posts
This thread is a log of when members are affected by the Low Battery issue on the Mazda CX-30 2019/2020/2021 models in all markets.

This is as a result of requests from members who are affected so that some form of evidence can be gathered in one place.

• Was a dealer involved
To keep the thread tidy, I will remove posts made once details are entered into the table.
  • When and where the incident occurred - Home; picked up car Sept 8, 2021
  • What the incident was (low battery warning/failed to start etc.) - 6 incidents of “low battery risk“ between Sept 10-15; 180 miles driven since delivery
  • Your car model and year - 2021, CX30, AWD, 2.5NA
  • Did the car need to be recovered from the incident - No
  • Was a dealer involved - Via email & phone call with service manager; app’t will be made for diagnostics
  • (if known) has the Battery Discharge update been applied by Mazda - No

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Premium, AWD, 2.5L, Non-Turbo in Sonic Silver Metallic
8 Posts

• Was a dealer involved
Want to share some info on the problem I’m dealing with. Below is a chart showing my battery voltage changes over several days. Conditions: car in garage, windows up, key fob 50 feet from car, doors locked until voltage measurement taken. Battery charged twice to full capacity.

Quick summary: 1-day voltage drop ~25% of battery charge; 2-day voltage drop ~40% of battery charge.

Car went into the dealer this morning:
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
50 Posts
I guess we need to put it all into perspective. It appears that the low battery risk warning and actual instances of flat 12V battery are not closely related. Therefore, I think the log with issues related to the low battery risk warning should be specific to 2021 generation of CX-30 and, perhaps, a separate log is required for rapid battery discharge and flat battery events.

The 2019-2020 generation of Mazda MHEV platform had completely different problems with the 12V drain and these were eventually addressed by software updates. "LOW BATTERY RISK. START VEHICLE TO CHARGE 12V BATTERY" warning was a terrible attempt by Mazda to address battery power management issues in 2021 models through social engineering rather than a proper technical solution. Apparently, they had so many Mazda Roadside Assistance callouts related to flat 12V batteries on 2019-2020 models (costing them a lot of money) that they decided to scare owners into submission by generating this absolutely useless, misleading and false warning, which has no relation to the actual state of charge of the battery whatsoever. It is simply generated by Mazda when the vehicle network awake time reaches 30 cumulative minutes without the engine running. The irony is that being so concerned about the risk of low battery Mazda then proceeds with wasting precious 12V power on running full multifunctional display and sound warning for 30 seconds just to announce their concerns. It is blatantly obvious that using electrical power in the vehicle without engine running will eventually deplete 12V battery. Mazda simply could’ve put a sticker on the dash stating the obvious.

This 30-minute time limitation, arbitrarily selected by Mazda, is ridiculously short for the daily family car usage. I have owned the car since 23 July 2021 and, so far, only managed 3 days without being tormented by this idiotic warning. My daily car usage routine involves opening/closing the liftgate once and several opening/closing of doors without the engine running, which appears to be enough to trigger the alarm. I don’t think this routine is unreasonable for a family car usage, in particular, if you have kids and need to swap child seats between vehicles. I also take all possible precautions to reduce these warnings by keeping door interlock switch OFF, the keys in RFID blocking pouches away from the car, the car unlocked whenever possible to avoid unnecessary locking/unlocking, having “leaving home lights” disabled and I still can’t avoid triggering this warning daily. So far, I needed to clean the interior 5 times and each of these generated the warning as well. During first few weeks of ownership I did numerous tests and experiments and always had this warning triggered when the actual battery state of charge (SOC) was 95% or above and the state of health (SOH) 98% or above. Bizarrely, this warning is generated even when the car is connected to a trickle charger and the battery is indicating 100% state of charge and 100% state of health. Under certain circumstances I can trigger this warning by simply opening and closing previously unlocked doors 6 times. It is impossible to stop or disable this warning without starting the engine. I followed Mazda’s advice and ran the engine on idle for 7 minutes (added 2 min “just in case”). This resulted in my battery SOC being 1% lower after the engine run than it was when the warning was triggered. This is the ”masterpiece” of Mazda engineering for you.

There is no point of going to the dealer, at least in the UK, as they are hostages of the situation in the same way as the rest of us. Unfortunately, this warning can’t be disabled neither by users not by dealers until Mazda releases a software update. It is also impossible to disable the audio part of this warning or reduce duration of chimes from 30 seconds to something less annoying. I asked my dealer to put some pressure on Mazda to expedite the solution, but they understandably refused. I can’t blame them. Who dares to bite the hand that feeds you?
My ownership experience was totally ruined and I became sick and tired of daily ding-donging. Therefore, I launched an official complaint to Mazda UK about this terrible “improvement” of an otherwise excellent vehicle. In their response Mazda recognised that their solution for the problem was not ideal and said that they were considering increasing the timer from 30 minutes to something more realistic and more practical. However, it seems that they don’t see any urgency in doing so, as they have no date for the proposed software update release and even suggested next year as a remote possibility. It seems ridiculous that a simple task of increasing the timer parameter in the software (more than likely to be a simple variable) requires more than a year to implement. They either have incompetent software engineers or simply don’t care.

From my subsequent correspondence and phone conversations with Mazda UK I learnt that there were hardly any complaints about the low battery risk warnings and that, from their point of view, it is just a minor inconvenience for a few “miserable sods” like me who whinge about it. Apparently, the rest of the owners are “as happy as Larry” with this warning.

If we are serious about the low battery risk problems and want to force Mazda to do anything about it as soon as possible, then we need to start making official complaints to corporate regional offices rather than dealerships. As I mentioned before, dealers are reluctant to pass it to corporate, so direct approach is the only way to register the complaint for which Mazda then needs to respond and take action. I guess someone at Mazda reads occasionally comments on forums like this, but for them this is just a “bedtime reading”, as they have not obligations to consider or respond to our comments. For UK owners, if you want to make a complaint, just send it by email to [email protected].

Mazda also conveniently hides their “innovation” from potential customers, as it is still not mentioned in their Owner’s Manual or any other documentation and dealers hide it in their showrooms by following SA-005/21 instructions from Mazda. I read a lot of professional and owner’s reviews of CX-30 online. They are all glorious and none mentions low battery risk warning. Mazda, as any other corporation, understands only one language and it is the language of money. They only will start seriously considering problems if they cause them loss of potential sales through bad reviews.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
189 Posts
I guess we need to put it all into perspective. It appears that the low battery risk warning and actual instances of flat 12V battery are not closely related. Therefore, I think the log with issues related to the low battery risk warning should be specific to 2021 generation of CX-30 and, perhaps, a separate log is required for rapid battery discharge and flat battery events.

The 2019-2020 generation of Mazda MHEV platform had completely different problems with the 12V drain and these were eventually addressed by software updates. "LOW BATTERY RISK. START VEHICLE TO CHARGE 12V BATTERY" warning was a terrible attempt by Mazda to address battery power management issues in 2021 models through social engineering rather than a proper technical solution. Apparently, they had so many Mazda Roadside Assistance callouts related to flat 12V batteries on 2019-2020 models (costing them a lot of money) that they decided to scare owners into submission by generating this absolutely useless, misleading and false warning, which has no relation to the actual state of charge of the battery whatsoever. It is simply generated by Mazda when the vehicle network awake time reaches 30 cumulative minutes without the engine running. The irony is that being so concerned about the risk of low battery Mazda then proceeds with wasting precious 12V power on running full multifunctional display and sound warning for 30 seconds just to announce their concerns. It is blatantly obvious that using electrical power in the vehicle without engine running will eventually deplete 12V battery. Mazda simply could’ve put a sticker on the dash stating the obvious.

This 30-minute time limitation, arbitrarily selected by Mazda, is ridiculously short for the daily family car usage. I have owned the car since 23 July 2021 and, so far, only managed 3 days without being tormented by this idiotic warning. My daily car usage routine involves opening/closing the liftgate once and several opening/closing of doors without the engine running, which appears to be enough to trigger the alarm. I don’t think this routine is unreasonable for a family car usage, in particular, if you have kids and need to swap child seats between vehicles. I also take all possible precautions to reduce these warnings by keeping door interlock switch OFF, the keys in RFID blocking pouches away from the car, the car unlocked whenever possible to avoid unnecessary locking/unlocking, having “leaving home lights” disabled and I still can’t avoid triggering this warning daily. So far, I needed to clean the interior 5 times and each of these generated the warning as well. During first few weeks of ownership I did numerous tests and experiments and always had this warning triggered when the actual battery state of charge (SOC) was 95% or above and the state of health (SOH) 98% or above. Bizarrely, this warning is generated even when the car is connected to a trickle charger and the battery is indicating 100% state of charge and 100% state of health. Under certain circumstances I can trigger this warning by simply opening and closing previously unlocked doors 6 times. It is impossible to stop or disable this warning without starting the engine. I followed Mazda’s advice and ran the engine on idle for 7 minutes (added 2 min “just in case”). This resulted in my battery SOC being 1% lower after the engine run than it was when the warning was triggered. This is the ”masterpiece” of Mazda engineering for you.

There is no point of going to the dealer, at least in the UK, as they are hostages of the situation in the same way as the rest of us. Unfortunately, this warning can’t be disabled neither by users not by dealers until Mazda releases a software update. It is also impossible to disable the audio part of this warning or reduce duration of chimes from 30 seconds to something less annoying. I asked my dealer to put some pressure on Mazda to expedite the solution, but they understandably refused. I can’t blame them. Who dares to bite the hand that feeds you?
My ownership experience was totally ruined and I became sick and tired of daily ding-donging. Therefore, I launched an official complaint to Mazda UK about this terrible “improvement” of an otherwise excellent vehicle. In their response Mazda recognised that their solution for the problem was not ideal and said that they were considering increasing the timer from 30 minutes to something more realistic and more practical. However, it seems that they don’t see any urgency in doing so, as they have no date for the proposed software update release and even suggested next year as a remote possibility. It seems ridiculous that a simple task of increasing the timer parameter in the software (more than likely to be a simple variable) requires more than a year to implement. They either have incompetent software engineers or simply don’t care.

From my subsequent correspondence and phone conversations with Mazda UK I learnt that there were hardly any complaints about the low battery risk warnings and that, from their point of view, it is just a minor inconvenience for a few “miserable sods” like me who whinge about it. Apparently, the rest of the owners are “as happy as Larry” with this warning.

If we are serious about the low battery risk problems and want to force Mazda to do anything about it as soon as possible, then we need to start making official complaints to corporate regional offices rather than dealerships. As I mentioned before, dealers are reluctant to pass it to corporate, so direct approach is the only way to register the complaint for which Mazda then needs to respond and take action. I guess someone at Mazda reads occasionally comments on forums like this, but for them this is just a “bedtime reading”, as they have not obligations to consider or respond to our comments. For UK owners, if you want to make a complaint, just send it by email to [email protected].

Mazda also conveniently hides their “innovation” from potential customers, as it is still not mentioned in their Owner’s Manual or any other documentation and dealers hide it in their showrooms by following SA-005/21 instructions from Mazda. I read a lot of professional and owner’s reviews of CX-30 online. They are all glorious and none mentions low battery risk warning. Mazda, as any other corporation, understands only one language and it is the language of money. They only will start seriously considering problems if they cause them loss of potential sales through bad reviews.
If people are still having actual battery drain/no start issues, that is a problem and I can see where tracking may be useful. I really don't see any point in keeping a log of the risk warning. As useless and annoying as it is, it is doing exactly what it is supposed to. I did let 'North American Mazda' know what I thought about it on a survey they sent me shortly after buying the car.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts