Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 AT AWD 2.0 2021
1 Posts
Hello everyone, here in Chile we have the same problem. Personally, I cannot even wash the car quietly without this warning appearing, even once the vehicle did not start and I had to bridge with another vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 X Auto SEL-Lux
3 Posts
  • At home, three occasions - within the first month of ownership
  • Low battery warning message and audio alert
  • 2021 CX30 SEL LUX Auto 186
  • No recovery, placed on charge with CTEK 5 charger
  • Passed issue to dealer to resolve
  • Unknown update
The day after collection I had the warning, following washing the car, where I had the doors open for 15 mins. I was advised to drive the car, leave the engine running stationary for 30 mins and put on charge. Sadly none of these actions has worked. From speaking to Mazda and the retailer it seems very much that's is a proximity problem waking the media system (so you don't have to wait for it to boot when opening the car). In all fairness to my retailer, they're going to take the car back and conduct an investigation.

I was annoyed at Mazdas suggestion that I shouldn't be worried, as I had breakdown cover. That's not the solution, but better to acknowledge there is an issue and work on the remedy transparently. I'll post an update once the investigation has taken place and whether it's resolved.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
50 Posts
  • At home, three occasions - within the first month of ownership
  • Low battery warning message and audio alert
  • 2021 CX30 SEL LUX Auto 186
  • No recovery, placed on charge with CTEK 5 charger
  • Passed issue to dealer to resolve
  • Unknown update
The day after collection I had the warning, following washing the car, where I had the doors open for 15 mins. I was advised to drive the car, leave the engine running stationary for 30 mins and put on charge. Sadly none of these actions has worked. From speaking to Mazda and the retailer it seems very much that's is a proximity problem waking the media system (so you don't have to wait for it to boot when opening the car). In all fairness to my retailer, they're going to take the car back and conduct an investigation.

I was annoyed at Mazdas suggestion that I shouldn't be worried, as I had breakdown cover. That's not the solution, but better to acknowledge there is an issue and work on the remedy transparently. I'll post an update once the investigation has taken place and whether it's resolved.
According to Mazda UK Customer Relations Manager they actually have a solution, they just can't be bothered to implement it. Here is a quote from one of her replies to my official complaint:
"The factory however have taken customer feedback on-board that this warning is an annoyance rather than being a preventative measure and therefore have considered extending the 30 minute counter to the longest possible period. This is an enhancement and just extending the time that the warning will appear when the battery really needs input rather than the current 30 minute warning. At this moment in time we do not have a software release date. In our opinion the car is currently operating as designed thus there is no manufacturing defect."
The key word here is "an annoyance". This is how it is perceived by Mazda and, therefore, problem is that Mazda Japan doesn't see any urgency in the release of the software update and more than likely will fit it in their normal software update cycle (which is at its best is once a year) or even coincide it with the next generation of MHEV platform release for 2022-2023. According to what I was told they don't have a lot of official complaints to Mazda about this issue to generate an urgent response. Owners usually complain to dealers, but this is futile at least in the UK.
You are right, the proximity of the key fob is likely to generate this warning each time the car door is opened even when the car is unlocked. However, after the first warning (following cumulative 30 minutes of onboard electronics awake time) the car goes into a state of "deep sleep". This means that, if you keep a fob in RFID protected pouch of away from the car, opening doors will no longer generate subsequent warnings. There are certain actions that will still bring the car out of "deep sleep" and these are mainly related to the checks software needs to perform on the EPB, such as pressing the EPB button or brake pedal, pressing the clutch pedal (for manual transmission), locking/unlocking the car, etc. I have no idea, why Mazda is so obsessed with EPB checks, but here we go. Also opening/closing liftgate and opening/closing the bonnet does similar things, but, I guess, these are related to the alarm system rather than the EPB. Personally, I can wait a few seconds for the car to boot up before starting it and driving away. On my 3-year old Mazda 2 I simply disabled the Advanced keyless entry, but unfortunately this can't be done on CX-30. Funny enough, this pre-booting of CX-30 doesn't make any noticeable difference in comparison with non pre-booted Mazda 2, as far as getting going is concerned. Well, if you are a getaway driver for bank robbers, this pre-booting might be important, but not for a family SUV.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 X Auto SEL-Lux
3 Posts
According to Mazda UK Customer Relations Manager they actually have a solution, they just can't be bothered to implement it. Here is a quote from one of her replies to my official complaint:
"The factory however have taken customer feedback on-board that this warning is an annoyance rather than being a preventative measure and therefore have considered extending the 30 minute counter to the longest possible period. This is an enhancement and just extending the time that the warning will appear when the battery really needs input rather than the current 30 minute warning. At this moment in time we do not have a software release date. In our opinion the car is currently operating as designed thus there is no manufacturing defect."
The key word here is "an annoyance". This is how it is perceived by Mazda and, therefore, problem is that Mazda Japan doesn't see any urgency in the release of the software update and more than likely will fit it in their normal software update cycle (which is at its best is once a year) or even coincide it with the next generation of MHEV platform release for 2022-2023. According to what I was told they don't have a lot of official complaints to Mazda about this issue to generate an urgent response. Owners usually complain to dealers, but this is futile at least in the UK.
You are right, the proximity of the key fob is likely to generate this warning each time the car door is opened even when the car is unlocked. However, after the first warning (following cumulative 30 minutes of onboard electronics awake time) the car goes into a state of "deep sleep". This means that, if you keep a fob in RFID protected pouch of away from the car, opening doors will no longer generate subsequent warnings. There are certain actions that will still bring the car out of "deep sleep" and these are mainly related to the checks software needs to perform on the EPB, such as pressing the EPB button or brake pedal, pressing the clutch pedal (for manual transmission), locking/unlocking the car, etc. I have no idea, why Mazda is so obsessed with EPB checks, but here we go. Also opening/closing liftgate and opening/closing the bonnet does similar things, but, I guess, these are related to the alarm system rather than the EPB. Personally, I can wait a few seconds for the car to boot up before starting it and driving away. On my 3-year old Mazda 2 I simply disabled the Advanced keyless entry, but unfortunately this can't be done on CX-30. Funny enough, this pre-booting of CX-30 doesn't make any noticeable difference in comparison with non pre-booted Mazda 2, as far as getting going is concerned. Well, if you are a getaway driver for bank robbers, this pre-booting might be important, but not for a family SUV.
Thanks. I've put my second key in permanent sleep mode (4 presses, key light on, followed by another press and indicators flash). My retailer is looking at changing the advanced keyless setting, they want to fix it, so all credit to them. They're keeping the car for a few days to get to the bottom of it. If their solution works, I'll ask exactly what they did and post in this feed.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
50 Posts
Thanks. I've put my second key in permanent sleep mode (4 presses, key light on, followed by another press and indicators flash). My retailer is looking at changing the advanced keyless setting, they want to fix it, so all credit to them. They're keeping the car for a few days to get to the bottom of it. If their solution works, I'll ask exactly what they did and post in this feed.
Great. Please let us know if your dealer finds the way to disable the advanced keyless entry and the effect it will have. I asked Mazda UK technical department to either disable the warning on my car, or disable advanced keyless entry, or at least disable the audio for this particular warning. They told me that nothing could be done, but I am not convinced they were 100% sincere. I felt that they simply were tagging Mazda's "party line". Apparently, there is a YT video where a German dealer indicates that potentially in Q1 2022 Mazda will release a software update increasing cumulative 30 minutes to 90 minutes. This 300% increase indicates that no proper evaluation was done by Mazda when the original 30 minutes were selected and we (2021 generation owners) were used as guinea pigs to test their solution. I guess Mazda are reluctant to admit their fault in fear of legal actions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sadly, I have experienced this today. I was washing my windshield, actually trying to buff a scratch off with baking soda. Anyway, when I got in my car to without touching anything yet, it was beeping almost like when i turn the ignition on. But when I checked the dashboard, it waa saying my battery us about to fail, turn the engine on. And so I did. I kept it on for a few minutes, then I turned it off then tried it on again. I didn't see the issue again. Will keep an eye on this.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts